I just had JWs come to my door

by Scarred for life 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

wobble, I'm curious about the same thing. They used to come through out neighborhood about every month or 2 and not just on the weekends. Most of the time it was on a weekday. But I'v e seen no sign of them in about 4 years until today. Does anybody have any ideas?

• blondie
    blondie

I find that jws go through a territory during a time most people aren't home. They rarely make not at homes and if so usually at the time they called before.

One jw in the group in your area may know you "used to be a jw" or are "a df'd or da'd jw" and skip your house maybe assuming the elders handle it or as an inactive jw you may be "spiritually dangerous."

In our case, 10 years went by. We have not moved. I think the CO made a special push to call on inactive jws.

I just don't think jws are very efficient about trying to contact everyone. Their personal salvation doesn't depend on whether they do or not.

• shepherd
    shepherd

I like them to come to my door, but it is rare. I always wanted to ask something that would get them thinking, but unfortunately the 2 or 3 that have come to my door this past few years were unable to discuss anything!! It seems to me the average JW is no longer able to discuss the bible at all, just offer magazines.

• moshe
    moshe

Educated householders are taking away the JWs innocence about their religion. The solution is to talk to fewer people and hope they don't run into any "difficult" householders (like me) who oppose them. I went out in service with some JWs on Thanksgiving day last year and the difference in JW attitude from what I remember 25 years ago was dramatic. Going through the motions in order to get some monthly time in, best describes it. - The only excitement I saw was among the 3-4x larger groups of Hispanics and Hatians as they organized their car groups. - We only needed one car.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/202461/1/Did-Moshe-kick-ss-in-field-service-today

I'm spending Thanksgiving with family up north this year- That was my last undercover "sting", before I officially retired.

• Ding
    Ding

Traditionally, the preaching work has been fueled by end times fervor tied to a specific date or time frame. The 36 years from 1975 to the present is the longest stretch in WT history where there hasn't been a specific date being hyped for the end. Even the time-is-running-out-on-the-1914-generation argument is gone now thanks to the overlapping generations teaching.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

They've been to my place twice in the last 3 years - once to tell us they were disfellowshipping us and once on a Saturday morning, which I think was an accidental visit.

The Mormons are here at least 3X a year and I see them everywhere.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

we are too far away for the mormons to cycle to...shit they would be too buggered to talk by the time they got here!

as for the jws, the closest cong is a good 30 km away and we are in their rural territory. have not had a visit in over a year...

When they do i want to play.

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik
    The weirdest thing I saw today while fetching my wood is a fancy car drive by with a fancy person in it gesturing not here, up ahead. What do you think it was? Angels? . . . N. drew

What?

The local KH is just up the street . . .

I've been here 4 years and had one visit . . . a male Adult and young boy. The young boy limply offered the latest mags (poor bugger) which I declined and they just turned and walked away. I had a few questions in mind . . . but the look on that kid's face . . . I just couldn't put him through it.

And one year I got a memorial invitation in the mailbox. I'm looking forward to a meaningful visit . . . and an explanation of Luke 21;8

• garyneal
    garyneal
    My ex-girlfriend's mom attended an IFB, so I went along. I do recall the pastor talking about how they would go out soul winnin'

Some of those pastor's can get downright pushy when they are encouraging their flock to go out soul winning. The pastor of the IFB church that I attended the longest was that way. Of course, they believe in once saved always saved but they also place doubts in your mind about whether or not your salvation was genuine. If you felt like you were weak in the faith (which means not attending church on Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and Wednesday nights, as well as soul winning) you may feel that you needed to be 'saved again' because your last salvation wasn't genuine.

On the other hand, unlike witnesses who try to get 'Bible studies,' most IFB going door to door would be satisfied if someone at the door said, "Yes, I accepted Jesus already," or if that someone would accept Jesus. That was my experience, at least, we'd encourage them to come to our church but never made it a requirement for salvation. Only the people inside the church got their fill of 'do more, do more.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit