What Is Happening To KH Trustees In UK? Tranfering 'Deeds' To IBSA

by BroMac 14 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

Not heard anything of this so far.

Having said that, we have a rather 'Bolshy' COBE who made sure the resolution to be able to send funds to the WTS without the congregations future agreement never saw the light of day. Maybe he has squashed it.

George

• BroMac
    BroMac

there is another issue this throws up.

say a kh is bought and payed for, what happens if in future they decide to modernise the place and borrow the money from HQ to benefit from the free labour commitee.

thats right.

they just borrowed money for a building they legally do not own and will make payments every month to the new owners of the building. the same 'firm' who just lent them the money, interest free.

BroMac

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    they just borrowed money for a building they legally do not own and will make payments every month to the new owners of the building.
    the same 'firm' who just lent them the money, interest free.....Bro Mac

Actually..

JW`s are borrowing their own already donated money from the WBT$..

To impove a building the WBT$ will eventually sell..

The WBT$ will keep the money and start the Scam Fresh..

JW`s will have to come up with more cash for the New Kingdom hall the WBT$ will eventually sell..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's not new. They have been doing for some time, as long as there are no outstanding debts on the property. Of course the rank and file do not understand the implications.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Trust law is very complicated. The highest number of malpractice claims come from Trusts and Estates (wills) law. My broad understanding is that the trustees have legal duties to serve the trust and not their own interests. Without reading tons of books, I wonder if the problem is that no one appointed an elder represents the interests of the specific trust but cave in to the WTS. The WTS and the local trust may often have different interests to protect. Knowing the WTS structure, though, who is going to risk being disfellowshipped. Dissenting, even only making comments, is viewed very differently in WT land.

I see a difference between NYC and here in suburbia. People in urban areas tend to feel they must perform their roles and raise questions. In contrast, the mood is here is much more deferential. The Watchtower structures are highly planned to central control and lack of liability. I doubt that the Roman Catholic Church's Vatican has as much control over local Catholic churches. When I had access to people who knew the stories at Bethel, there was much discussion of personalities. The automatic assumption is that the WTBTS never does anything wrong or that there may have been another option.

I also think the problem is that there are few apostates within the KHs. If you have a different viewpoint, there is no tolerance and you are crushed. Witnesses don't feel any entitlement. I am now Episcopalian. I can't imagine the total fury if the Diocese wanted title to a church. If no local hall was title, the main group can do just about anything without worrying about losing assets. I just realized there was court battles over title when the Epsicopal church decided to admit women to become priests and when openly gay people were ordained in the American church.

Local people know local needs. Who pays for the KH land, construction, and maintenance?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit