Who is Rolf Furuli?

by possible-san 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
    possible-san

InquiryMan.

Perhaps he has the guts to follow his own path even amid a strict system.

I have the friends who are active JW.
    I am always saying to them, "Since you are God's children, you have the freedom which you can do anything."

Usually, they do not have such freedom.
    Therefore, they do not go to a university/college.
    And, I did not have such freedom, either.

It may be helpful for them that I tell them about irresponsible JW like Furuli.
    Since the Japanese JWs are serious, such irresponsible JW gives them courage.

Well, in Japan, such JW is called "hybrid follower/believer"
    That is, he is a follower who does not believe the doctrine in actuality, but can defend the Organization.

Recently, in Japan, such followers are increasing.

BTW, I got to know that Jehovah's Witnesses had freedom of the press. I have to tell it to my friends.

possible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"That he/Furuli is friendly does not prove that he is right as a JW. "

I never implied that, I was merely adding a couple of lines as to him as a person. And that a Japanese who knows nothing about him, does his name-calling, "slicker" etc., is out of place. He is the one he is, and is no slicker. As for "professor", I meant it in the general term, teacher at a university, I think "associate professor" or "senior lecturer" is the equivallent in US. In Spanish-speaking countries, "professor" can be used for any teacher. Why he is no part of a Bible transaltion team in his homeland is nothing strange, as it is directed by the Lutheran Church of that country and he never would have or could have a part in a work directed by another church. He has published valuable books on Hebrew grammar and the bias of Bible translating work. Also on the 607 question, but I think one should be able to have two lines of thought in one's head at the same time, and see that the Hebrew studies are one thing, the theological ones another.

• possible-san
    possible-san

TheOldHippie.

And that a Japanese who knows nothing about him, does his name-calling, "slicker" etc., is out of place.

You did not use my name, rather you express me as "that a Japanese."
    I feel that this expression is an insult.

I do not know your nationality.
    Tell it to me.

Well, I read the article in which the Watchtower insults (name-calling) Esau recently.
    Why can the GB whose most is an American criticize Esau according to your logic?

Probably Furuli is a Norwegian.
    Can't criticize him except Norwegians?

I was a JW during "quarter of a century."
    As a ex-JW, I criticized an active JW.
    As a Japanese, I did not criticize a Norwegian.
    (Your logic is wrong entirely.
    If your logic is right, it will become impossible for the Japanese to criticize foreigners.)

Are you an active JW?
    If so, don't you feel it is strange that he has written many books regarding the Bible?If my opinion is incorrect regarding this point, answer again.

possible

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Unfortunately, he isn't an expert in the fields of history, anthropology, or ancient Assyria.

Not to mention the Bible. http://144000.110mb.com/607/index.html

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Mr impossible Japanese - why don't you try to shut up at times, in stead of always whining about being insulted? You might find it - refreshingly new!

• possible-san
    possible-san

Effeminate man, TheOldHippie.

What is the "Old Hippie"?
    I feel that it is a foolish name.

A fool is cured only by death.

You have not answered to my question at all.
    If you wanna say only stupid logic, don't post here anymore.

possible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

So you are the boss here, and you are threatening to kill me? Wow - really something for the administrator!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I guess this got to stop now.... Why such passion about a retired assistanst professor, or is some ulterior motive behind this?

• possible-san
    possible-san

An active JW and stupid Mr. TheOldHippie

and you are threatening to kill me?

I realize that you are a stupid man truly.

I said, "A fool is cured only by death."
    This is a word which appears in my English-Japanese dictionary.
    Can't you understand the meaning of this word correctly?

In Japanese, it is "Baka wa shinanakya naoranai."
    In other web page, it has written like this.
    "Unless an idiot dies, he won't be cured."
    http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Japanese_proverbs

It is one of the Japanese proverbs.

Wow - really something for the administrator!

Are you real crazy?
    Probably, all the people in this forum know that I am not the administrator.

I said, "You have not answered to my question at all. If you wanna say only stupid logic, don't post here anymore."
    This means that "Please answer to my question. If you are not going to answer sincerely, please don't post only trash."

You do not tell me even about your nationality.
    I feel that you are insincere.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit