Watchtower STUDY EDITION - Vehicle for Vitriol and REALLY crazy statements?

by punkofnice 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

The Stupid Mode gets stuck in cruise control sometimes, sorry.

• agonus
  • agonus
    agonus

Whoops, Agonus was using IE (we mentally diseased folks tend to make mistakes like that, as well as refer to ourselves in third person).

Say, Teary, you seem to be a fairly capable apologist. Any chance you could elucidate on roughly how long the "overlapping generation" is using sound logic and Scripture (and perhaps Splane's talk, references to older publications, maybe a calculator if necessary) so those of us who are sick in the head can comprehend it? I have Asperger's Syndrome and my kids are autistic. I'd really hate for all of us to miss out on salvation because The Great Physician was holding out on us because of our stubborn, willful, prideful refusal to comprehend such clear Biblical truth.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"so those of us who are sick in the head can comprehend it? I have Asperger's Syndrome and my kids are autistic. I'd really hate for all of us to miss out on salvation because The Great Physician was holding out on us because of our stubborn, willful, prideful refusal to comprehend such clear Biblical truth."

Hey how about that? Teary is partially autistic too! The difference though, is that Teary is rational and objective, so he can actually understand the purpose of the "mentally diseased" paragraph (since that is what Teary assumes you are jabbing at), such as where it was quoted from, who it was directed to and why.

p.s. Teary ain't no private tutor (at least not for free). If you want answers to all of those questions (which Teary suspects you really don't), then you can go learn it for youself with the help of your local Kingdom Hall or the Witness publications. Or, you can just wait until Teary feels like writing a blog entry on it and then read that article...if Teary ever gets around to it...*yawn*

• Listener
    Listener

Bella 15 said you start selfdoubting yourself, your sanity, your faith, etc. What an added and unnecessary burden!!!!

They are now stirring up trouble within their very own elite ranks, a sure sign that they are losing control.

• ziddina
    ziddina

mark- ing!!!

Hi, Punk!!!

• agonus
    agonus

Teary,

Well thanks for your, er, help. I gotta pay for spiritual assistance? I might as well join Scientology while I'm at it. And once again, I'm being redirected, rerouted, given the same ol' song and dance, the same old run-around, the same old diversionary tactics and the same old non-answers that I already got from the elders and at the KH. But at least you admitted that you're too tired, or lazy, or whatever, to help me understand issues that are apparently crucial to salvation.

So you're partially autistic? You just acknowledged you suffer from a mental illness, just like I do. How can you possibly be any more "rational and objective" than I am?

Can those who are mentally ill really comprehend or believe such things? Do we even have the hardware for it?

If not, do we deserve to be threatened with loss of family because of said inability? Come on.

By the way, with your admission of partial autism, you've just declared yourself a liability to the organization, which is none too fond of attempts at apologeticism that don't come from the top. You've ignored a lot of their warnings already. Are you not aware of this?

Good luck. You're gonna need it, buddy.

• agonus
    agonus

And no, I CAN'T be objective. I lost my wife and kids because I do not have the mental ability to believe the same things you do, which you are apparently so objective about that you feel the need to start your own blog and intentionally enter the lion's den to defend.

Unless you're one of the GB, you really, really, REALLY shouldn't be doing either of those things.

• agonus
    agonus

Agonus thinks that if James Woods is right about Teary vowing to leave then coming back, Teary may be exhibiting schizophrenic tendencies.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

any random person can just walk in off the street on Sunday and get a free copy of the article for the meeting?

I call BS. If congregations are found to be ordering extra magazines they're going to get a good "talking to" by the CO when he comes. The current arrangement is that the study issues are just like the Kingdom Ministry. The congregation orders the number it needs and NO MORE. A visitor can look on with someone else if they choose, or maybe a slacker JW didn't get theirs yet and there's an extra or two lying around in back, BUT THAT'S NOT THE PROPER THEOCRATIC ARRANGEMENT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit