Watchtower STUDY EDITION - Vehicle for Vitriol and REALLY crazy statements?

by punkofnice 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

The local sisters bring me watchtowers and awakes, well I don't think they will after our last discussion (long story). The last visit when she tried to leave the W&A I flat out told her, if you are not going to bring me the study edition, I am not interested. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of her expression. "well um, oh you see this has other information in it as well" I can download the study edition from their website, "well um but this has other information in it as well" I just wish I could have video'd that, it was obvious she knew, and she knew I knew.

It's sad, they can see truth about the "truth" but they wont look at it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

designs - Yup!

blond-moment - Well done. Watch them squirm in their own cognitive dissonance!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Dear Lord! Do they say "emotional imbalance" with regards to "mistakenly partaking? LOL!!!!

I can imagine people asking themselves (after lovingly being readjusted to the earthly flock) -- Am I crazy? Demon possessed?

I remember once being "lovingly" readjusted during sheparding call to think that it was Satan answering my prayers not their Jehovah God and trust me it can create issues for one, you start selfdoubting yourself, your sanity, your faith, etc. What an added and unnecessary burden!!!!

• agonus
    agonus

Well, what did you expect the "more pointed counsel" to sound like?

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Doesn't anybody else find the original post a bit ironic?

The title of this thread is:

"Vehicle for Vitriol and REALLY crazy statements"

And yet what labels does the creator use in his very first sentence?

"weird," "hateful," "cultish," "washtowels"

Remember the ancient proverb: don't cut off your nose to spite your face, i.e., don't go around accusing others of being hateful but then act twice as hateful yourself in making the accusations.

• wobble
    wobble

Teary Oberon, weird hateful andcultish, are all accurate estimates of what the O.P was referring to, O.K Washtowel is not so accurate, the slanderous rag is not good enough to use that way.

Mentally Diseased is not an epithet you throw at people who simply disagree with your strange religion.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

However, is this the reason for the 'Study Edition' so that the public won't see the cultish hatred within the WBT$ leadership?

Hmm, but it does not stop the public being made aware of it , does it? The "Mentally diseased" article made the daily press - now everybody knows..

• therevealer
    therevealer

Teary Oberon - You need to re-read. He is saying that those are what you will see in the Vehicle. And he is dead on.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

When I 1st heard a "public" and "private" Watchtower I thought it would be like that! So glad there are enough "out" to let the public know!

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

The watchtower study edition is the organisation's primary brain-washing tool. So, of course, the language and phrasing used will be whatever they deem necessary in order to achieve their manipulatory ends.

So yes the study edition will noticably have language that appears more vitriolic and crazier to what is normally included in literature designed for public consumption. Note: the brain-washing / predatory reasoning in the organisations public literature is very subtle so it doesn't come across as harsh and as crazy at first glance, but it's still there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit