Watchtower STUDY EDITION - Vehicle for Vitriol and REALLY crazy statements?

by punkofnice 87 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"I call BS. If congregations are found to be ordering extra magazines they're going to get a good "talking to" by the CO when he comes. The current arrangement is that the study issues are just like the Kingdom Ministry. The congregation orders the number it needs and NO MORE. A visitor can look on with someone else if they choose, or maybe a slacker JW didn't get theirs yet and there's an extra or two lying around in back, BUT THAT'S NOT THE PROPER THEOCRATIC ARRANGEMENT."

Congregations are supposed to have some extras on hand during the Sunday lesson, and if they don't have actual magazines then they will normally just scan some copies on the copy machine (that has always been the arangement). That is why the attendents will often stand at the back with those extra copies in hand and bring one to anybody who is in need.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"So you're partially autistic? You just acknowledged you suffer from a mental illness, just like I do. How can you possibly be any more "rational and objective" than I am?"

Because Teary chose to accept his weakness and turn it into a strength. He abandoned his emotions and attachments to people a long time ago, and instead focused his extreme obession on his studies and writing (currently he is just a hand full of classes away from his Bachelors in Civil Engineering).

But it seems like you are still highly emotional and wishy washy. That is too bad :(

"you've just declared yourself a liability to the organization, which is none too fond of attempts at apologeticism that don't come from the top. You've ignored a lot of their warnings already. Are you not aware of this?"

Teary is no such thing (he doesn't even claim to be a part of that organization), and they say no such thing about apologetics (they just recently quoted the JWSTRS research site in their October and November Watchtowers). What they mainly say not to do is to set up competing websites that steps on the toes of the official site and performs the same basic functions.

"Good luck. You're gonna need it, buddy."

The Witnesses don't believe in luck

• agonus
    agonus

"Highly emotional and wishy washy"

Guilty as charged. You've "abandoned your emotions and attachments to people", so you're basically acknowledging you're something of a drone, something not completely human. Yet you still feel the need to take cheap shots at people like myself who also acknowledge their shortcomings but were not always like this before we were utterly wrecked by an organization that turns our own loved ones against us for no other reason than simple lack of faith.

If you're not part of the organization, why spend so much time and energy defending it? I don't get it. You're confusing us and making JWs and yourself look foolish. Is that what you really want? How do I know you're not really an apostate?

• agonus
    agonus

What is JWSTRS?

• agonus
    agonus

How can you lose your family and not be occasionally "highly emotional" unless you're completely inhuman?

• talesin
    talesin

I'm not confused, and I say

DNFTT!!!

Agonus, you are far far from wishy-washy. :)

t

• agonus
    agonus

Thanks talesin, you're a sweetie. I'm not trying to FTT, I just wish I knew what makes people like this tick. Well, I guess I really know, deep down... Need To Believe. I get it. I was there.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"Yet you still feel the need to take cheap shots at people like myself who also acknowledge their shortcomings but were not always like this before we were utterly wrecked by an organization that turns our own loved ones against us for no other reason than simple lack of faith."

So you lost your family, got wrecked, kicked out, abandoned -- get over it. Move on with your life, and find a new family, new friends and a new group to hang out with if they are important for you to have.

"If you're not part of the organization, why spend so much time and energy defending it? I don't get it. You're confusing us and making JWs and yourself look foolish. Is that what you really want? How do I know you're not really an apostate?"

Everybody has to have some kind of cause -- life would be boring if we didn't. Besides, defending the Witnesses makes sense for Teary, because collecting and combing through their literature just so happens to be the main focus of his autistic obession (and you should know a bit about that shouldn't you?). Already Teary's library is at over 700 unique Society publications and growing, in addition to over 300 directly or indirectly related works! *hugs collection*

"What is JWSTRS?"

That would be this site: http://onlytruegod.org/jwstrs/contents.htm

"How can you lose your family and not be occasionally "highly emotional" unless you're completely inhuman?"

Dunno. When Teary walked away from his family he didn't ever think twice about them afterwards. Do you think it has something to do with the method of leaving?

• agonus
    agonus

"get over it... Dunno... didn't ever think twice about them..."

Teary, I honestly hope to God you aren't for real. You cannot possibly imagine how horrendous you're making both JWs and "autistic" folks look if that's what you really are. Unless, of course, that's your intent... in which case you're doing a truly spectacular job.

I'm done. No more FTT, Teary can look for sustenance elsewhere.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    People that speak in the third person just seem totally whacko if you ask Teary. . . . Teary Oberon
    Tearys are like cats -- they have multiple lives. So when one dies or goes away, another can just take his place. . . . Teary Oberon
    Teary is rational and objective. . . . Teary Oberon
    Because Teary chose to accept his weakness and turn it into a strength. He abandoned his emotions and attachments to people a long time ago. . . . Teary Oberon
    So you lost your family, got wrecked, kicked out, abandoned -- get over it. . . . Teary Oberon
    When Teary walked away from his family he didn't ever think twice about them afterwards. . . . Teary Oberon
    defending the Witnesses makes sense for Teary, because collecting and combing through their literature just so happens to be the main focus of his autistic obession . . . Teary Oberon

Does everybody get the picture yet? . . . or does Sizemik have to spell it out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit