My first bit of unsolicited Anti-Witnessing

by Open mind 16 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

brilliant job just the right approach. We save them one at a time or in your case in threes.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I haven't had a chance to do it with a complete stranger....yet. All my friends know however. They also know where to go on the net to pass the word along. I even have a couple of "apostate" shirts I embroided myself, that always leads to questions, and I am happy to warn away.

Most of my seed planting as been with the local witnesses. I started to study as I was thinking of going back. The thing that saved me I honestly think, was not getting into the literature. I had a few questions, get those answered and I would go back at full gusto. She couldn't answer, that caused me to start looking on my own. Wasn't long before I had the big "wake up"

Since then I have had seed plantings with the local sisters, an elder, and a CO. The CO was the big one for me on many levels. He was my first face to face with anyone since my big wake up, and for the first time in my life, I was not even the slightest bit intimidated by the fact he was a CO. What's more, I could see right thru much of his control tactics. We had a 2 1/2 hour discussion, at the end of it, I was jumping for joy, knowing I really was free of this organization. I would love for the District overseer to come over next haha. Bring them on! haha.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for all the positive comments.

Also, kudos to blond-moment for not being intimidated by the CO. As much as I know it's all a crock, strong JW personalities can still have an unnerving effect on me at times.

Also, thanks to wobble for the JWfacts.org reminder. I've got burn that name into my subconscious. BTW, I just googled "Jehovah's Witnesses" and JWfacts.org now redirects to JWfacts.com. Looks like the same site, just a changed URL. Also, it's on the fourth page of the Google search I just did. If we click on there occasionally, hopefully it will help keep JWfacts.com towards the top of the Google pile.

om

• wobble
    wobble

Just Googled jwfacts.com and it was on top ! .com is the direct route you are right, .org will get there in the end.

I always google it to give it a boost when I want to go there, the extra click or so is worth it to keep it at the top.

Can't wait for my next chance to A-W !

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I have been involved in the same business for 30 years and all my work associates and customers pretty much know me as a JW since I have been in that religion 50 years of my life...except for the last year and a half. Now when the issue of religion comes up I let them know that I no longer suscribe to the same views as before...Taking my distances with the WT hasn't automatically changed me to a womanizer, drunk or drug addict so many are surprised. I no longer hold to the strict observance of a long list of useless rules such as raising a glass, wishing someone happy birthday or standing up during the national anthem at a sport event...As a JW I used to find my a way to avoid these situations because I felt ackward being different simply to make a statement of my "faith". I also shared with them that I haven't yet made an offical break with the JWs because I am trying to avoid being shunned by my family and friends. This usually shocks them and most will confirm that they really think I am a great guy and that I can count on their friendship...unconditionally. Sometimes we get into the reasons why I can no longer be part of this religion - mostly the doctrinal changes on blood transfusions, the overlapping generation, the misquotes of secular sources in the WT publications and all their failed prophecies. These situations make me realize how I was totally conditioned to see only see the evil and not the good in people and despite the fact the JWs say they love their neighbours, they actually hate them to the point of wishing their destruction...

• extractor
    extractor

The general population is CLUELESS as to what the JW really are. Everybody I talk to is stunned to find out. It's so easy to just say, "Google 'Jehovah's Witnesses' and pick one of the 800 websites at random." I'm so glad Al Gore invented the internet.

I'm going to start taking out small newspaper ads sharing JW fun facts with my local community. By definition, the only people who join are people who don't know. Vaccinate your community!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You are evidently mentally diseased.

Shame on you!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit