I am looking to buy a tablet.......................What are your experiences?

by finallysomepride 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• SadElder
    SadElder

After looking and looking.... I chose the Toshiba, only to be frustrated by a sleep of death issue. No firmware update was immediately forthcoming from them though they were aware of the issue. I returned the device before the end of my Best Buy return end date. Several of my friends have purchased the Asus...and love it. Others have the iPad... they love them. I'm back to sitting on the sidelines for now.

In the meantime I purchased an n2 card for my Nook color and am using it as a small android tablet albeit a somewhat slow one.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

thanks everyone for your replies

I have just got up & have to go to work

I will be back

Kevin

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Hi

I went shopping today, & ended up purchasing the model I mentioned (Acer Iconia A500 16GB WiFi), the main reason was the price also considering it's quality not being in the low end range area, WOW electronics had it on special for au$388 not au$355 which was a typo on my part.

The closest pricing I could find for the same item was au$465 & au$488 so I feel I have a reasonable bargain.

Have been using it for the last 10 hours & it does everything I need it for & expect of it.

The majority of the good non-Apple tablets are running Nvidia Tegra 2s, which have excellent performance.

Yes it has the Tegra2 processor

First off, I would consider a 3G/4G enabled tablet...though it works great on wifi, you aren't always in a place that has wifi available and then your tablet is worthless for internet or mail.

I took into consideration what you said, & I appreciate it very much, but at the end of the day I had to go on the pricing, I have pocketwifi & 80 percent of it's usage will be on my home wifi, so it's not realy a biggie

I really liked the look & feel of the Sony Tablet even with it's slightly smaller screen, downside price $600+

Simon

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" not available here due to court ruling (Apple opposed) I had the opportuneity a few months back to buy Galaxy Tab 7" 1st gen at a very low price $250 from memory, sold out when I got to store.

I thank you all for your comments, they are very helpfull & appreciated

Kevin

FSP

• heidigirl
    heidigirl

I also love my ipad 2 and I got a case that has an integrated keyboard which makes it that much easier to use.

• still thinking
    still thinking

was this the sort of tablet you needed finallysomeprid?...are you really talking code cause your embarrassed?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

(Acer Iconia A500 16GB WiFi)

I saw one at Best Buy yesterday. Looks pretty nice.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

still

is taht a photo from off the pack your partner has in the draw?

• finallysomepride
  • itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

IPAD 2 or maybe Kindle Fire. Steer clear of Asus for sure.

• BRhighway
    BRhighway

Moses had it a lot easier. Whenever he shopped for a tablet he got a chunk of clay and a chisel.

Moses coming down the mountain with the Ten Commandments scrolling on an I-pad would make a funny advertisement though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit