I am looking to buy a tablet.......................What are your experiences?

by finallysomepride 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm playing with a borrowed Asus Transformer, and loving it.

Amazon is probably going to own the world with the Kindle Fire.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

SON...I understand that the Kindle Fire, though Android based, will not be able to get apps from the Android Market...only via Amazon...did anyone else hear that?

• wobble
    wobble

I went looking to buy a tablet, but I was only offered weed.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I strongly recommend the iPad. I have tried or have almost all major tablets and nothing beats the iPad when you consider everything (touchscreen, bluetooth, wifi, battery life, apps, processing power, price, carrier lockdown). Even the first gen iPad is good enough for most things especially with iOS5 (free update).

I've tried the Androids but the better ones are upward of $600 and only offer little extra value (like a physical keyboard, media card readers, fully upgradeable to the new OS'es). HP's pad was cheap but that's only because they sold well under market value.

I know a little bit about the Aussie tech market and Apple has hands-down the strongest tech support there (or worldwide), you may be able to buy some of the cheaper stuff but most companies don't have a presence there and getting stuff repaired or replaced is like pulling teeth without tranquilizers.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

After testing all of the android based tablets the Sony S came out the most responsive in regards to web browsing and apps.

The screen is better than the others as well.

Has a cradle dock for charging the battery.

They are even throwing in a black leather case for free right now.

• moshe
    moshe

I will probably buy a 7 inch Lenovo Ideapad A1, if the user reviews are OK. I want one mainly for it's strong internal GPS that doesn't rely on wifi or 3G, for geotagging and geocaching & skypeing-- and the price would be just under $200 USD. They should be available next month.

We have 2 original Ipads- w/3g. Just updated to the new Apple Ios 5 OS. At least Apple keeps updating their software, which probably won't happen for an Android device more than once.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

which probably won't happen for an Android device more than once.

Actually Android OS is being updated continually and most Tablets are capable of receiving those updates just like IPads.

If you research Android Apps. you'll see there is a constant growth happening within hardware capable devises.

Apple is certainly jumped out the gate first with their IPads but Android is catching up fast.

With more manufactures developing their tablets with this OS, they might eventually take over the market share over Apple one day.

• Simon
    Simon

I've been waiting for the tablet market to mature a little before jumping in - things have been changing way too fast. I think the new Asus Transformer + NVidia Kal-El + Android 4 will be the one for me. I hope it's thin like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Toshiba 200 but has memory card slots and USB.

The iPad has sold well but I don't like it and think the iPad2 was a bit of a let down (of course, it's shiny and made by Apple so people buy it). I have an iPhone 4 and the whole thing is just annoying and clunky. Really, you have to go into each app to see updates? The Windows Phone interface is at least an interesting attempt at making a useful home screen. Apple have become too obsessed with apps (including how many there are).

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In case anyone is wondering about an Android Tablets using GPS, they are Google Map capable and there are other

software providers like GoLive that are quite good also, which do cost a little to purchase.

• therevealer
    therevealer

So. Which religion will you choose?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit