printing of g increased

by factfinder 26 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet but the Jan. 2012 g is now up on jw.org. The average printing per issue is now

41.042,000 which is an increase per issue of 1,129,000 more compared with last year. It is a 2.8% increase. Next thursday the Jan. 1, 2012 w should be up so it should give the updated monthly printing for the w . I'm sure it went up by a similar amount.

Thus over 1 billion magazines were printed by the society during the 2011 SY for any who would be interested in knowing this (aside from me!)

• Gayle
    Gayle

Disappointing, just more paper being trashed. I have thought for a long time that there should just be 'one' magazine for public at most. All such a waste!

Thank you, factfinder, for that update!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

So now they are counting all the misprints from the assembly line?

• erbie
    erbie

They're all misprints, surely.

• sir82
    sir82

"Number published" has to be one of the more meaningless statistics out of all the meaningless statistics that the WTS publishes.

Easily 1/2 off the magazines end up accumulating in the basement of JWs, unplaced but too holy to throw away.

Another 40% are placed with householders trying to be polite, who then almost immediately throw them away.

The other 10% accumulate in laudromats and bus stops.

41,042,000 printed, 150,000 read.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I found one the other day stuck between a couple of old New World Translations on the bookshelves of the local thrift shop - is this the new placement method?

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

in all seriousness, I wonder if they are counting downloads?

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I am not sure I would be blowing a trumpet over this one! While the rest of the world and media are embracing the electronic format and reducing the amount printed to save trees and the baby squirrels who live in them, the watchtower is doing the opposite!

There are 7 billion people in the world and around 7 million witnesses.

So witnesses make up 1000th of the world population.

Yet they print 1 billion mazagines per year.

Thats roughly 142 magazines per year per witness.

Assuming each magazine has 50 pages thats 3.125 million trees per year.

Thats a lot of trees and energy to use up and for what gain? Assuming each witness took 12 magazines for themself that still leaves 0.9 billion magazine for non witnesses.

How many people joined the witnesses in the last year? I don't think it was very many.

The Return On Investment is just not there!

Save a baby squirrel!

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Gayle- you are welcome!

I'll post the figure for the w next week but anyone who sees the Jan 1, 2012 on jw.org next Thursday will also see it.

If I find out any info on how many books were printed I'll post that too.

@maninthemiddle-

downloads are not included in the printing statistics.

@Married To The Mob- I hope the baby squirrel is safe!

While one billion magazines printed each year by the wts is alot, please keep in mind that there are huge commercial printing companies who print more than that. But the wts prints that many of only two magazines- that is very impressive.

And they buy paper from paper mills who grow trees for the purpose of being made into paper.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

in all seriousness, I wonder if they are counting downloads?

I have wondered that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit