printing of g increased

by factfinder 26 Replies latest jw friends

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

It's easy to get some pretty big numbers when you're talking about free literature nobody reads. Should we tally all the fake $20 bill "Jesus Saves" tracts left on windshields, too? Easily 90% of the magazines actually read are by JWs. The rest are scattered like so much illegal dumping in laundromats and door jambs of empty houses all over the world. Not to mention the huge piles of unplaced rags in JW homes, because they wanted to impress the literature servant with their monthly orders.

• JRK
    JRK

Third world countries need something to wipe with.

JK

• factfinder
    factfinder

I decided to compare 1976 with 2010 and realized the following:

in 1976 there were 2.2 million witnesses and 513 million magazines were printed, that comes to about 19 per month per witness.

In 2010 there were 7.5 million witnesses and 985 million magazines printed. That comes to about 11 per month per witness.

With 3 magazines each month ( a copy of each per witness for their own use) that leaves 8 copies for a witness to place during the month. Since pioneers place many times that it is not hard to see that why the wts has to print so many copies of the magazines each year.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

like those are real numbers. They can print whatever they want, they've been doing it with virtually every other page in that rag mag

• factfinder
    factfinder

@wontleave- I never placed orders to try to impress the literature servent nor did I leave them at laudromats.

I ordered what I felt I needed. We used to have special issues and these would be announced in advance of them coming out. When I was a "regular" Aux pioneer I ordered 15-20 of the special issues and placed most of them. Other times I ordered what I needed- it varied over the years. By the time I had grown tired of being a witness I was only ordering 2-3 of each issue. One copy for me, and 2 for my return visits.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@wha happened?-

Why would the society make up the numbers? What would they gain?

TIME magazine prints 3.7 million copies per issue and claims 50 million readers!

Readers Digest prints 17 million copies per issue and claims 100 million readers!

If the wts wanted to invent numbers they could claim over 500 million readers.

But they do not. they do not make any claims as to how many people read the magazines or books .

Even if only witnesses read them, that is over 7.5 million per issue. How many people read the other religious magazines? If you look into it you will see it is nowhere near 7.5 million.

There is so much hatred and bias against the wts on the part of many posters on jwn. Such negative bias against ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the wts publishes or says makes it hard for me to seriously consider what such posters say as true.

I am interested in finding out the facts about the wts, not certain peoples prejudised ideas about them.

Not EVERYTHING the wts does or publishes is wrong.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wow that certainly was a mouthful

• factfinder
    factfinder

I guess I like statistics about the printing industry alot and get carried away sharing certain info! I guess most view the statistics I post as boring. I wanted to make printing my career and it never worked out but I developed an interest in collecting info on the largest printers and thus especially the wts.

It just seems to me some have let their negative experiences as a witness cause them to become too prejudised against ANYTHING the wts does.

I have had many negative experiences too, which led me to leaving the witnesses.

Anyway-sorry if my posts are boring.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Not boring, but people are here to express their thoughts, concerns, experiances, and opinions. Some are very informative, wheareas others just vent. People are in different stages of recovery.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I never placed orders to try to impress the literature servent nor did I leave them at laudromats.

Neither did I, but my family had thousands lying around the house, as did other JWs I knew. I've never used magazines in my preaching, as the WT and A! are cesspools of misinformation, idiotic mistakes, and ignorant old men's opinions. I would only use literature I'd read and agreed with, which was precious few. I (and just about anyone who's been a JW for more than about 3 seconds) have seen many a pile of magazines dumped in public places and tucked inside screen doors. The fact that a handful of people out of 7M didn't/don't do something is statistically irrelevant. The fact remains that distribution numbers of free things are pointless, especially when people are convinced that if they write down enough of them, they'll get a pet tiger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit