My Last Day In Field Service

by finallysomepride 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lastchance
  • nugget
    nugget

the last time I went on field service I knew my heart wasn't in it. Every time someone rejected the message I thought good for you. I thought I can't do this again and haven't. If you don't believe it then field service has no point and no meaning.

Good for you reaching this milestone.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

nugget

thanks

from memory of that day I think Steve Papps was in the group who you will know of at the UK branch

• wobble
    wobble

My last time on the knock-knocks was sometime in early 2007, but I cannot remember the exact date March/April ? Or remember where my last house was !

I remember I was told that once I was officially inactive (6 months) they may not use me for anything, even reading at the Group Study as it was then, that was around Sept.2007.

I kinda drifted in to not going out without at first making a conscious decision, but as I had asked an Elder to prove to me the 1914 doctrine, and I said I was not happy teaching something I could find no support for in the Bible, I was awaiting his return to put me in my place as a silly boy who just did not understand how to read the Bible.

He never came back to defend the doctrine, so I never went out on F.S again.

I found how great a leisurely Saturday morning was, how much more enjoyable it was being with Mrs Wobble, she stopped F.S years ago, hated it, it was great doing my usual winding her up and watch her go trick (its quite easy, I just be my normal annoying self and she rises to it, great fun).

I hope I am around to celebrate my thirtieth, even if I cannot pinpoint the exact day !

• ssn587
    ssn587

I think one of the attractions for field service had to do with the car group yacking and talking about different things, the break at micky d's and then go home or back out for some more wasted time.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My last time was doing return visits (actually a cake and coffee round) with my friend sometime in the summer of 2010. I hadn't been to a meeting since April, but the Saturday FS was still in our house.

• JRK
    JRK

Congratulations! I don't remember my last time in service, it would probably be June of 2001. As most times in FS, it was unmemorable.

JK

• jws
    jws

I'm guessing my last time was around 1989. After a couple of moves, my meeting attendance was erratic, much less field service and I worked security in a bar on Friday nights, so I'm sure I wasn't up by 7 or 8 to go knock on doors. So I'm pretty sure I never made it out afterwards. After a while, I found out the real truth of the JWs and never went back. I never liked field service, but the last time I did it, I believed it was what I was supposed to do and never knew it would be my last. So, 22 years, give or take for me!

So happy to have my Saturday mornings back and that my kids can watch cartoons if they want to.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

My last day in field service was on a christmas day in 2007. I still know the street and the last door I reached. I watched through the window and noticed a complete family celebrating christmas. I told my wife, there in the front part of the garden, "i'm going home, this is my last time in field service, i can not stand it any longer". We took a small walk to our car en never returned in field service again.

We still attend some meetings...

Gorby

• karter
    karter

Finalysomepride.

You have a PM.

Yes I knew(The late) Henry Kemp

And Steve papps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit