My Last Day In Field Service

by finallysomepride 24 Replies latest jw friends

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

karter

back at ya

• agent zero
    agent zero

I may hold the current record of most recent last service day: August of this year!

and that was tagging along on others' RVs and coffee breaks. last time i actually talked to someone at a door was probably around June.

i have still been putting in rediculously low fake reports, but hope to phase that out in the next few months, although i have a real hounder as an overseer.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Funny how those loving shepherds sometimes just seem to overlook those lost sheep!

It took from April 2008 (when I went to my last meeting) to late October the same year for an elder to catch up with ... not me, but my wife at her work ... to say, "So what happened?" The reason for his visit: I told a friend of mine in Brisbane I hadn't been to a meeting for six months. His reaction: "And what have the elders said to you?" He was aghast that none had contacted us. No elders, none of our so-called friends. So he phoned the secretary at my congo down here in Melbourne and asked him why no one had come.

Doesn't not doing field service take a huge weight off your shoulders?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

MrMonroe

Doesn't not doing field service take a huge weight off your shoulders?

Sure does & even better having zero todo with them is even lighter on the shoulders.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My last day in field circus was in June 2005. I went to a Kingdumb Hell with 2 different congregations, and wound up on the wrong congregation for the morning. I think we mostly drove around doing calls that morning. And I never went back to the Kingdumb Hell since then. In fact, they didn't even get a time slip out of me for those last 2 hours of wasted time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit