The sick mind of the JW

by JT 35 Replies latest jw friends

• 2SYN
    2SYN

This is exactly the sort of thing that the GB always uses in order to wrench the little strings attached to our hearts. I mean, I even got a familiar old 'twinge' when I read this - but then I realized that it was a dumb urban legend. I'm sure that the GB will tell us soon that all of the Dubs who died in this disaster (I'm sure there was at least a handful!) were 'weak in the truth', as someone has already mentioned.

It really pisses me off to see how the WTBTS is yet again flexing it's mind-control muscles...arg.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Moxy
    Moxy

for what its worth. this experience was repeated by a member of the Canadian bethel yesterday at a SAD.

• JT
    JT

Like Lisa said, they liked being seen as more spiritual than their brothers, but eventually they (we) pay the price
    #######

so true and many of us paid that price as well

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I know when the WTC happened, my mother was quick to point out to me that "Oh did you know that 13 brothers/sisters died in the WTC?". All I could think (especially w/ emotions at that time) was how incredible rude and crass that was. I wanted to say more, but I simply said, "Yes, I know (I knew before she did thanks to this board ), but what about the other 5000 people who died that day?". She didn't have much to say at that ... the funny thing was, I knew before we talked she'd have to point out the 13 JWs that died to me, and yet it still made me mad when she did it.

I do find it so funny that 'they' are so quick to use these urban legends/tall tails to 'prove' they have god's favor, when there are just as many stories (probably more actually) of JWs where things don't go so hunky-dory in their lives. Like someone said - what about those JWs that did die in WTC? God didn't love them? Couldn't fit it into his busy schedule to manuver their lives so they would quit their WTC jobs? What a bunch of BUNK!

• teejay
    teejay

Okay...

I usually post to topics after reading only the first two or three posts so that my thoughts don't get mucked up by other folk's crazy ideas. (Lord knows I have enuff of those my own damn self.) Then, sometime later, I come back to read through the rest of it. That's what I did here.

I'm-a say this one time... just havin' fun, y'all...
    ----------

Pureheart thought that the photo in JT's profile was JT in the flesh. (8>)

Lisa (that's "LDH," pureheart) said: I'm not laughing at you, PH. I'm laughing.....well, actually, I am. And some wonder why we need Black history month."

Ain't that the friggin' truth!! My GAWD!

Chester: "I have seen JT as well. To me he looks like a young version of Johnny Cochran except he is much better looking."

You're making me worry, Chester. "Better looking"? On second thought, maybe JT needs to worry!

• Kay Francis
    Kay Francis

Teejay says:

You're making me worry, Chester. "Better looking"? On second thought, maybe JT needs to worry!

Naw Teejay, I don't think JT has anything to worry about on this one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit