>conducted
    >>morning worship. In his comments he referred to the last sentence in
    >the
    >>comments on the days text showing how neither silver nor gold could
    >protect
    >>wrongdoers in the day of Jehovah's anger. How it is the same today and
    >how
    >>so many of our brothers and sisters show their faith in Jehovah and
    >>appreciate how money is not more important than life or principle.
    >>He then told of how he had attended a graduation of a Ministerial
    >Training
    >>School in Turnersville, N.J. a few months ago. It seems to be the
    >custom
    >>that as part of the graduation exercise students will tell about the
    >>arrangements they had to make in their lives in order to be able to
    >attend
    >>the two month school. Some took leave of absences, others actually
    >lost
    >>jobs. One brother related how back in August of 2001 he received a
    >job
    >>offer from a very prestigious company. One he had been hoping and
    >working
    >>towards for a long time. Almost the same day he received his letter
    >>inviting him to attend the Ministerial Training School.
    >>When he went before the company for his interview he told them he was
    >very
    >>interested in the job. However he would have to have the first two
    >months
    >>off to attend the school. They told him that no way, unless he
    >reported
    >for
    >>work the next Monday morning, the job would go to someone else.
    >>Our brother could have reasoned that he had really waited a very long
    >time
    >>for the job. Perhaps he could go ahead and start the job and after he
    >had
    >>more or less gotten his foot in the door and proven his worth, he
    >would be
    >>able to get the time off and then attend a future school, after all
    >they
    >do
    >>have Ministerial Training Schools on a regular basis. But he realized
    >it
    >>was a privilege from Jehovah and there was no option here. He did not
    >have
    >>to think twice, he declined the job. Well he knew he had made the
    >proper
    >>decision and he asked the audience where would he have been today if
    >he
    >had
    >>declined attending that school and had taken the job.
    >
    >>You see if he had gone to work for that company, he would have been
    >working
    >>on one of the top floors of the World Trade Center.
    >

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey All,

Then you have to love me.

• LDH
    LDH

JT.

Let me introduce you to a little word: ascetic

Here's the dictionary definition:
    * http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=ascetic&r=2

A person who renounces material comforts and leads a life of austere self-discipline, especially as an act of religious devotion.

adj.
    Leading a life of self-discipline and self-denial, especially for spiritual improvement. See Synonyms at severe.
    Pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic; self-denying and austere: an ascetic existence.

This person is just another example of people who like to deny themselves the things they've earned to prove just how spiritual they are. The JW Borganization is full of them.

Wait five years, when this man finds out he gave up a job that would provide for his family, all to sell books and mags for a whorish organization.

He'll be on this board, perhaps as the next "Mad Apostate" [8>]

Lisa
    It's pronounced "a-set-tick" Class

• badwillie
    badwillie

Nice thread title JT. This is SICK!
    They want you to think that Jah somehow saved him from the WTC disaster.

• voltaire
    voltaire

This is surely just so much sensationalism based on anecdotal evidence. It's used all the time to promote bogus products. For example, weight loss products."So-and-so lost 50 pounds eating dirt, and so will you." Why don't they relate any anecdotes about someone who pioneered all their lives, then died from a disease because they didn't have insurance and were reluctant to get a check-up. It cuts both ways. I finally realize that the so-called "spiritual paradise" is a very carefully crafted image, nothing more. The very opposite picture could be painted by using such anecdotes, a picture of broken marriages, dead babies and children who hate their parents. The truth lies somewhere in between.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That is some of the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard! The GB is strongly suggesting that the man's live was spared by the sky gawd because he didn't take the secular job.

They fail to realize that the statement also implies that the sky gawd was punishing all the people who died.

They actually think that they saved this man’s life because he decided to give up his carrier to serve their multinational corporation (WTBTS). The man being alive today is called “Dumb Luck”. Nobody had anything to do with his survival; he just happened to be in the right place at the right time, nothing more.

The GB is sick and arrogant!

Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• JT
    JT

LH

says:Wait five years, when this man finds out he gave up a job that would provide for his family, all to sell books and mags for a whorish organization.

He'll be on this board, perhaps as the next "Mad Apostate
    ####

i was thinking the same thing-he will be one pissed off former jw like the rest of us here

it hurts so bad to KNOW that this dude is getting hoodwinked and bamboozled

the power of High Control Groups is amazing

thanks for the link

• Room 215
    Room 215

JT,

Great advice from one David Splane, a man who probably doesn't even have a checkbook, never paid down a mortgage or put braces on his kid's teeth.
    All I know that for all their lionizing of meetings, special events, etc., most Bethelites have honed the missing of meetings, invoking bogus Bethel work loads as an excuse, to the level of fine art. When they sent me up the Watchtower Farm to work on a Top Priority project, my overseers would laugh if I were to have the temerity to request a breack from my sun-up to sunset, seven-day-a-week work schedule in order to attend a meeting.

Yet, to the rank and file, they continue to hew to the company line about how ``vital'' such nonsensical gatherings are, and smirk as the dubs swallow it hook line and sinker.

The Watchtower system glorifies fiscal irresponsibility and underachievement.

• JT
    JT

voltaire

Why don't they relate any anecdotes about someone who pioneered all their lives, then died from a disease because they didn't have insurance and were reluctant to get a check-up.

EXCELLENT POINT

You know who i often think of-- all the jw who lost thier jobs back in the 40,50,60

do you recall those 9/7/5 day district conventions where men didn;t have the type of vacation time that many have now and they were told if they went they would lose thier jobs
    and the kick in some cases esp back in those days

if you were assigned to the second week and your boss told you that you could take the first week off the jw due to being loyal and going when jah assigned him to go would say i can't go the first week i must go the second since that is WHEN MY CONGO IS ASSIGNED AND I MUST WORK WITH THE ARRAGNEMENT OF THE FDS

at the boss would ask WELL IS THE PROGRAM THE SAME

and the jw would say well yes it is but i can't go the first week

at that point the boss would realize that despite the fact that Fred Hall was a good, hard,honest and on time employee---

he realize he had a "Damn Fool" worlking for him and just figured if Fred is that Thick i dont want him working here for me

james

• JT
    JT

eslewhere says:
    The GB is strongly suggesting that the man's live was spared by the sky gawd because he didn't take the secular job

#

o no my dear friend as our DO used to say : Bro how should we view SUGGESTIONS BY THE SLAVE?----- as LAW__

SO THEY were not "Sugggesting" as you tried to kindly put it- go ahead and just call a spade a spade the message in the mind of all those Bethelites and the tons of congo who would now hear this exp in talks will walk away knowing full well that he lived cause he chose to sell worthless books

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit