Reached Out Only To Be Rejected

by Quendi 21 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Proving the maxim that "No good deed shall go unpunished!"

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Hi, Quendi,

A couple of thoughts here. Having been disfellowshipped for approx. 25 years, yet living with and dealing with witnesses every day, I fully understand your feelings of rejection.

First is that they didn't send it back! I have had quite a few such overtures sent back without them being opened, and this is from my own daughters. That they didn't send it back means that they accepted it. It is probably stashed out of sight so that they won't get in trouble themselves for accepting communication from you, and that would mean your words mean a lot to them.

Secondly, remember the words about "casting your bread on many waters". Your good will is a silent witness to them that you are not the horrible, fearsome apostate the Society says you are, and raises a question in their hearts as to how much credibility should be given the Organization. If you demonstrate good cheer and happiness on the outside when you "officially" should be miserable, it becomes a powerful witness to those still in.

Think back about your own trip out of the faith. It was a lot of little things that gradually accumulated into a feeling that something was wrong, and that in turn grew until you realized a decision had to be made, was it not? Every time you do the decent thing, you add one little piece to the freeing of those you love.

In the meantime, don't be discouraged. Keep trying to do what is right, for that knowledge is a reward in itself.

Tom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit