Christians Please Explain

by AK - Jeff 134 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Tammy - agreed - that's why I like the analogy of a veil - passing thru, rather than passing...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I don't really think that's the WT's stance. I thought they believe the body is DEAD, totally DEAD as a doornail (if even that is dead?!)
    What I think they really miss is what Jesus himself said as he expired which was "Into your hands I entrust my spirit" - will have to find the exact verse - Luke 23:46; Stephen said the exact same thing as he was being stoned - Acts 7:59. In today's parlance, that probably means the universe...

Lets not forget that to the WT the spirit is nothing BUT energy, it has no conscience or sentient qualities at all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Are you talking about energy in the sence it is used in science, or in a different sence?

Just curious as to what Jeff thinks happens to our energy when we die, how "metaphysical" he wants to take it is of course up to him.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

What I meant to say is simple: matter = energy

Living matter or dead. It is all matter.

Life does not pass over to a different sort of life. It dies. Period. And please don't confuse my opinion with the Watchtower view. Not related at all.

Jeff

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Cool, understood.

So life is just matter and when we die we just become different matter than we were when we had life?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit