Governing Body Sheep Fleecing - Official!

by The Searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    when a kingdumb hall gets sold----why not draw all the money as paper cash--and make a burnt offering to jehovah. i read in the bible once --he likes to smell a restful odour.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Same thing I was going to say. I have not read the article yet, but if the clarification is made that the KH does not belong to the congregation, then I can not expect them to blatantly admit that it belongs to the organization. They may imply it (as they are that much legalistic) but they are not going to print it ( I would be shock if they do). Therefore in most JW minds they are going to conclude... "Duh!, we already knew this, the KH really belongs to Jehovah, even if we hold a legal title to it."
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I hate this f***ing cult so much. I just don't know how to wake the wife up. Really, it can't be done until the right catalyst comes along.

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Watchtower July 15th 2015 p.31 - "A Kingdom Hall is a building dedicated to Jehovah. Therefore, it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation,whatever its legal title may indicate."

...........................Your Kingdom Hall Belongs to The WBT$..

.................The WBT$ Will Enforce That By Any Means Necessary..

.....................................Image result for 1920 gangsters

• Magnum
    Magnum
    William Penwell: My son related this story to me that one congregation stood up to the society. Is i true that one congregation challenged the society on ownership and have legal tittle of their Kingdum Hall?

google "menlo park kingdom hall scandal".

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    So the KH is dedicated to the Corporation's sock puppet Jehovah and as the official sock puppet, the corporation calls the shots as to what comes out of Jehovah's orifice so in essence the KH is dedicated to the corporation and can be sold out from under the donating JWs.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Therefore, it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation

Then whoever it belongs to should pay the utilities, take care of the maintenance, cleaning, supplies, etc. If I claim that a house belongs to me, I would be paying the mortgage, utilities, and responsible for all those things. If someone came to visit me at my house as an invited guest, I wouldn't make them take care of all my responsibilities as a homeowner.

Could you imagine a wealthy friend inviting you to his house for dinner, and then as you're eating he reads an "accounts report" that there is a budget deficit and are informed that you need to pay his light and cable bill?

• prologos
    prologos
    Jesus said "the meek will inherit the earth" according to the wt: the meek are the anointed the GB, FDS, so since they own the Earth, of course they (wt) own the halls, K and A. listen and obey, they (wt) will be blessed
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Bobcat has a valid question here

. A ," K.H.is a building dedicated to Jehovah , therefore , it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation ,whatever it`s legal title may indicate" . W.T. July 15 ,2015 .p.31.

If no individual or congregation has ownership of a Kingdom Hall once it is dedicated ,how can an individual ,,congregation etc. dispose of or re-sell it ?

Who , and under what Authority has anybody the right to dispose of the property once obtained.

Is there a clause somewhere that says a dedicated building ,such as a Kingdom Hall becomes the sole ownership of the WTB&TS ? or one of it`s many corporations ?

If not what legal right do they have in re-selling these properties , ? just asking.

Any legal eagles here who can throw light on the matter ?

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

SMIDDY - my suspicion is that when the Kingdom Hall Trust (KHT) was set up, the Org's lawyers will have covered all the bases by saying something like,

"For the sale of a Kingdom Hall to proceed, both sets of Trustees must be in agreement to such a sale, namely, the approved Trustees of the KHT at Branch level, and the local congregation's Trustees, namely, the Body of Elders."

In the U.K. at least, the Branch named a handful of men in London who would act as Trustees for every Kingdom Hall in the U.K. via the KHT.

Such a scenario prevents any BoE trying to prevent a sale, because the Branch itself "hires and fires" Elders!

If you're not an Elder, you're not a Trustee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit