Governing Body Sheep Fleecing - Official!

by The Searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Fellow Witnesses - do you think the Kingdom Hall belongs to you, just because you all paid for it and personally finance its maintenance?

Think again, sheep!

The "shepherds" have announced the fleecing in black & white for you, in case you decide to question them!

Watchtower July 15th 2015 p.31 - "A Kingdom Hall is a building dedicated to Jehovah. Therefore, it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation,whatever its legal title may indicate."

The purpose of the article is to make it clear to you that you'd better maintain their properties to a high standard - in order that they can be sold easily and for a good profit, when they decide you no longer deserve it!

Can you hear the alarm clock now?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Great stuff! That is gonna come back to haunt them next time they try to claim that congregations are not under their control or their responsibility. It also shows in writing that they hold the legal system in contempt.

They really are idiots this lot.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    Watchtower July 15th 2015 p.31 - "A Kingdom Hall is a building dedicated to Jehovah. Therefore, it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation,whatever its legal title may indicate."

My question, then, is, Who can rightly sell a kingdom hall? since it does not "belong to any individual or congregation,whatever its legal title may indicate."

Bobcat

• Splash
    Splash

In our last Local Needs there was some information about the new LDC arrangement, and a new statement that the GB want congregations to keep their KHalls for one year more than usual before a refit or new build, and this will save the society $80 million per year. That was the figure read out, I'm presuming from a BOE letter.

To facilitate this the congregation was encouraged to take more care of the KHall and make sure all rudimentary maintenance is carried out promptly (examples given were decoration, plumbing, electrics) by the local brothers.

Ties in with The Searcher's conclusion in the OP - It all belongs to the Society now.

This looks to be the result of the famous July 2013 WT changes when it was shown that the F&DS have not yet been appointed over all Christs belongings, meaning that the KHalls did not, in fact, belong to the GB as previously taught. As a result, maybe some congregations thought the KHalls now belonged to them. This latest WT has stamped on that idea!

What I wonder is, if a KHall or bethel is dedicated to Jehovah, who has the right to undedicate it and sell it?
    When they say "Therefore, it cannot rightly be said to belong to any individual or congregation", why does this not also include "or any organisation"?

They are greedy and manipulative.

(Edit to add: I see Bobcat had the same thought!)

• jhine
    jhine

Splash , I think that the WT lawyers earned their money coming up with that wording !

Jan

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

The GB has to fleece the sheep - to fulfill Ezek. 38:10-12:

... to attack the devastated places that are now inhabited and a people regathered from the nations, who are accumulating wealth and property, those who are living in the center of the earth.’ ” (Ezek. 38:10-12)

WT 2015-07-15, p 17, §10

I never thought about this, but with this WT I realized it.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    My son related this story to me that one congregation stood up to the society. Is i true that one congregation challenged the society on ownership and have legal tittle of their Kingdum Hall?
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    My son related this story to me that one congregation stood up to the society. Is i true that one congregation challenged the society on ownership and have legal tittle of their Kingdum Hall?

Maybe thinking of the menlo park congregation?

• fastJehu
  • B4Right
    B4Right

We all know when they make over-haul decisions, they have to hit you over the head with a bible proof text verse to make sure YOU know it is directed by Jehovah because as long as the words are in the "good book" it's theocratic order.

They said person or congregation- they didn't say "organization"!

This only justifies why the congregations property deeds should not be in the local elders names.

Because they say so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit