is it moral and or rational to teach children and adults that Santa is real?

by mankkeli 41 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

1) yes it is moral and rational
    2) yes it is moral
    3) yes it is rational
    4) no it is not moral and rational
    Your candid opinion please
  • Ding
    Ding

I think it is better to tell kids that Santa is a fun, pretend person just like Barney is a fun, pretend dinosaur...

... and I would tell them not to spoil it for little kids who think Santa is real.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Adults? You're kidding, right?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Don't lie to them if they ask if Santa is real. Most kids know that he is NOT real, but they don't ask. If you lie to them, that is what hurts them.

• jam
    jam

How many adults teach Satan is real.

• tec
    tec

Wow, I agree with Shamus AGAIN! Um... even though I don't think there are any adults who think Santa is real. So I don't think you can teach that to an adult.

Peace,

Tammy

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Always tell the truth. Our kids knew and know we would never lie to them. If someone else's child asks that question, refer them to their parents.

• maksym
    maksym

Yes, it is moral.

Santa Claus, as the common anglo name has replaced the original, was a very real person. His real name was Saint Nicholas. He lived around the early fourth century. He was one of the members on the council of Nicea. He even slapped Arius at one point in the debate on the Trinity. For that he was removed for a short time. His life and history is one of giving and helping people out. There is much in the history books on the real Santa, as they say in modern times. Too bad the kids and adults don't know the real story behind this man and how he is a part of the celebration of Christmas. St Nick is the better way to call his name, as it is more accurate.

So fundamentally it is moral to educate the kids about the real Santa. St. Nicholas is a great example to Christians.

But does Santa come from the North pole and slide down chimneys and give toys out on C-mas eve. No. That is just a fairy tale. I think parents owe their kids more than the modern commercialized version as gotten to be.

Peace out

Maksym

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

4)

If you know very well where the presents are coming from (you, or the kid's parents, not Santa) and you have no evidence that anyone receives anything from Santa, then it is not rational or moral to teach that Santa is real.

Love in Christ, SOG

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

4) Have to agree. Teach your kids not to lie.............by example.

BTW -- If I totally left WTS/JWs.........I would NEVER feel I missed out on anything by NOT celebrating Christmas.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit