No Christian Congregation in Australia according to the Witchtower. HAHAHA

by hamsterbait 47 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Violia
    Violia

It is strange to hear them use the term "the Christian Congo of jws" b/c in the 80's I was told by several people that term was being used by the apostates, not jws. I am still dizzy from the witch hunt they went on during the 80's.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Mad,

You are not understanding why RvW said "there is no CCJW in Australia" - it's a technicality in name only!!!!!!!

No one is disputing that the JWs exist in Australia. They operate under the name of the WTS, not CCJW.

Why is that so hard for people to grasp????

I understand perfectly. If you think it is just a throwaway technicality, then you're not understanding why that is such an important statement for a Borg attorney to make.

It raises questions that have to be answered, one of which is "how does the leadership group (aka the Governing Body, the Faithful and Discreet Slave) of the worldwide religious organization in New York, USA, provide leadership to its members in Australia and around the world?" And if they do, then IT DOESN'T MATTER what they call themselves.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    And if they do, then IT DOESN'T MATTER what they call themselves.

It does matter what they call themselves, because the court can't prosecute an organisation which in name only, doesn't exist.

The "Christian Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses of Australia" (or of Victoria) does not exist.

The "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia" is the legal name for the JWs in Australia. If the court is to sue them, this is the organisation which needs to be named as the one to be prosecuted.

• somebody
    somebody

*** w04 5/15 p. 19 Caring for the Elderly—A Christian Responsibility ***
    They Have Not Ignored Her Needs
    When Ada, an 85-year-old Christian in Australia, became confined to her home because of poor health, congregation elders arranged to provide assistance. They organized a group of fellow believers who could help her. These brothers and sisters were glad to care for such jobs as cleaning, washing, cooking, and running errands.
    That assistance was started nearly a decade ago. So far, more than 30 fellow Witnesses of Jehovah have helped to care for Ada. They continue to visit her, reading to her from Bible publications, keeping her informed as to the spiritual progress of those in the congregation, and regularly praying with her.

I guess the CONGREGATION elders belong to a congregation that was NOT a Christian congregation.

Then again, the WTS INC. teach that only the anointed make up the christain congregation, so maybe there is no anointed/faithful and discreet slave in Australia?

Gotta love the word games the Watchtower Society Inc. loves to play. Slippery and slick, being the snake that it really is!

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

*sigh*

Might as well give up Broken. You aren't getting through to very many people...

• rebel8
    rebel8

I get the legalities of this -- I don't find that confusing at all.

I would probably make the same defense if I was a corporation in trouble. Why would a corporation answer a charge under a false name?

However, I think it's interesting from a liturgical point of view. They are trying to avoid responsibility for their actions, which is against what they preach.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

I think that you are reading WAY too much into their motives, and are sacrificing common sense in the process.

If it is true that there is no CCJW in Australia then why shouldn't they point it out? It's true isn't it? Do you think that they should just let the accuser make up whatever they want with no challenge?

• somebody
    somebody

ok. This is from Babara Anderson's post in updating us:..

"Legal Counsel for Jehovah's Witnesses, Sister Rachel van Witsen, an employee of Vincent Toole Solicitors, presented arguments on behalf of the following "accused":Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc.

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

Faithful and Discreet Slave"

So just one of the "accused" can be removed because it is non-existant ,"LEGALLY"?

Correct?

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

I doubt any of the accused on that list are going to last very long, because some of them are ridiculous from a legal standpoint.

In the end (if this keeps going), it is probably going to boil down to just one or two defendents (and the rest will be dismissed or recieve summary judgment): The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Australia and maybe the Watchtower Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania if there aren't jurisdiction problems.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Yes, personal jurisdiction! I don't know the Australian rules. According to American rules in Australia, only WTBTS of Australia. There is no juicy property there. It is silly all the different corporate persons for what we know is rigid rule from Brooklyn. I want to hear what a court decides about who had responsibility for complying with the reporting law. The idea of the Faithful and Discreet Slave will be hilarious to a court.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit