I must admit, I sometimes wonder, what IF?

by Greybeard 23 Replies latest jw friends

• El Nunya
    El Nunya

Yes, I too would love to see the WTO crumble. I pray to still be alive to see it happen!

• Greybeard
  • Dudu
    Dudu

No, after that convention i just stopped going to the meetings.... Dudu means beautiful girl in Turkish :P

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Oooooops I really blew that one!!! SORRY Dudu!!! Please forgive me. for some reason I was thinking you were a guy. My bad! I just wasn't thinking... duhhhh

• Dudu
    Dudu

hahahhaha no prob greybeard :)

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

((((((((((((((((DuDu)))))))))))))))))) Thanks

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I never wonder what if. More like "What the hell took you so long?" But, as long as you can ask yourself questions like What if?, you're in good shape.

• wobble
    wobble

I believe they would possibly have retained many of the old timers like me who have left, had they stuck to their guns more, the constant changes, and the obvious fact that the "new light" was weaker and more nebulous than the replaced doctrine alerted even thickos like me that something was woefully wrong.

The problem for the WT is that their main concern is money, keeping the bottom line the same, they know that other religions that have not evolved have withered and died.

They wish to keep their multi-national corporation going, it is their basis for pride,from which springs their arrogance.

If they were humble, and if they really believed their own B.S, they would stick to their old rubbish, but then they would fade into insignificance like the old Bible Students who stuck with Chazzer Russell's stuff, still going, but dying like the Shakers did.

As their teachings have constantly changed, and gone back and forth, they would have to ask themselves the question "Is it the Truth now?" so that they could be sure and stick with it, once they started that kind of self-examination they woiuld implode !

The problem is it was a religion founded on errors and lies, and maintained by more errors and lies, and today contains only errors and lies.

What to stick with ?

• designs
    designs

wobble- 'the new light was weaker' really says exactly what was happening from the 70s on. I was baptized in 1966 in my teens, so much was sacrificed for the expectations we were being fed. Then that night in Los Angeles in 1974 when Fred Franz and company came to give their Ass Covering Talk- 'We Didn't Mean What We Said'- oh that sickening feeling in the gut that we'd been had. Still I was so heavily invested in the Society with family and such that it took another 20 years to break the hold.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My mother (at least up until the overlap doctrine was released) still believed the 1975 excuse about not knowing how long a period passed from Adam to Eve's creation. She still expected Armageddon within 6000 years of Eve's creation according to WT timelines.

It actually still can fit if they claim she was created more than 37 or 38 years after Adam. There is an upper limit on this as Genesis spells out Adam's age when Seth was born, but there's still time left.

I would have expected them to stick with the 120 years and ride that out until 2034. Don't be surprised if they revive that when membership drops. It's always been dangling in WT studies about the last days being like the days of Noah. Even with the overlap, they still want members to feel the end is right around the corner. Heck, they might even revive that 6000 years stuff to show that the time is short.

They really shot themselves in the foot with "overlap." I think only their GB arrogance is preventing them from immediately backing off from it.

"Fractions" is another blunder. But it does seem they had to drop their rigid stand on blood. They could have gone right to "God still says it's wrong but it is a conscience matter."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit