Walk Away

by breakfast of champions 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

In high school I had a teacher who handled the 'Debate Club'. This was a debate team who would debate each other and eventually other schools...for sport. It was great. Being raised a JW, my parents would only let me be in the class, but never officially 'on the team'. I always hated that: I think I wouldve been good.
    Anyways, the teacher used to always state the major law of a good 'moral' debator:
    'Always let your opponent retreat with his dignity.'

And THAT is why JW's are a brutal bunch...a virtual T-Rex in sheep's clothing.
    'You can leave if you want...but you better look pathetic doing it.
    Quitter.'

• Twitch
    Twitch
    'Always let your opponent retreat with his dignity.'

Wise words. Sun Tsu methinks...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Oh yeah, I keep hearing the same bull shit from the platform.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

good one gayle

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOC:

Walking away isn't so simple for many in the JW religion who have families and business contacts there. Can you imagine somebody with a business who announces he no longer wants to be a JW? The JW customers that he may once have felt were a 'blessing' could very easily pull the rug out from under him and take their business elsewhere leaving him up the creek without a paddle! So, the brother keeps quiet because he is in a trap and cannot imagine how his paradise turned into a nightmare. It makes one wonder though just how many people in any given hall actually want to be there and how many really want to claw their way out of there.

No, you can't really walk away from this religion unscathed unless you have no family or business contacts and even then there would be the residual emotional damage and baggage that ex-members, myself included, have in one form or another.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

One of the things that bugs me is the way the Society's officials like to portray XJWs (we're all as good as apostates, you know) as picking on them. Some of us do pick on them, but the org itself picks on ALL of us.

They're about as fair and objective as the average cable news broadcast.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    'Always let your opponent retreat with his dignity.' ...

Hmmm....

I'm afraid I still have a bit of the ol' Jehovah's Witness personality in me...

I usually go for the jugular...

I have to re-think this...

• Scully
    Scully

If we could just walk away from the JWs, with our dignity, our reputations, our friendships and our family relationships intact, we wouldn't have anything to complain about.

That's not the case, is it? Even in this talk, the CO defames us, calling us rabble rousers, implying we are only interested in stirring up trouble. The WTS calls us "mentally diseased." They label us with pejorative terminology, like "disfellowshipped", "disassociated", "sinners", "revilers", "evil", "apostates", "satanic", etc. while instructing family members and friends to cut off contact with us, and then expect us to "shut up" and "just leave quietly"?? Oh, HELL NO.

You can't even miss a Meeting™ without getting looked at sideways and gossiped about. If you aren't Regular™ in Field Service™, you start getting shut out socially. They take away Privileges™ which makes things even worse for you socially, because more JWs start avoiding you like a leper.

If we could just walk away from the JWs, the way we decide to never frequent a place of business that wasn't to our liking - or worse treated us unfairly - without having it destroy our family relationships, our reputations and our friendships, there would be nothing for us to complain about. But the WTS doesn't treat us in a way that allows us to leave with dignity - the beatings begin early on, and they escalate the further away from the JWs you get. They get your own flesh and blood to participate in your mental, emotional and psychological abuse.

The WTS fought for the right to exist as a religious belief system as a matter of basic human rights, and yet they deny us our basic human rights of free exercise of belief, freedom of thought, freedom of worship, and freedom of association. How can we NOT expose this hypocrisy, this tyrrany, this injustice?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jeezus H Christ on a Cracker..When ever can you just walk away?..

Your JW Relatives will harrass you..

You can put a sign on your door..JW`s will call anyway..

Theres no getting rid of them..

Then they Play the Victim when you`ve had enough..

JW`s cause 99% of their own Problems..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

It's suprising that they keep hounding on this supposed 'issue'.

Apostates are not well organized - this silly message board doesn't do much. Rick Fearon - well, he's um, yeah. Has about .000001% ex-jw followers, and will continue to be that way for sure.

Where is this organized apostate crap? I don't see it. A few websites here and there - nothing else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit