C.O. Jonsson's response to Watchtower's latest 607 articles

by wannabefree 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

They are their own worse enemies at times.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm sure they could come up with something without much effort.

Absolutely. But would the sheeples buy it? Would they forget that God's spirit-directed Org. had gotten it so spectacularly wrong for 80+ years which would mean the Org. hadn't been spirit-directed on this important point at all (opening the floodgates of doubt)? Would they forget that this teaching was a means of boasting about their divinely-privileged status and of elbowing the flock back in line, all the while it being completely bogus?

To say, "Hey, when we said 1914, we really meant 1934; when we said 1919, we really meant 1939. Only a little faux pas. *ahem* You're OK with that aintchya?"

I don't think so.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    But would the sheeples buy it?

I think they would. The sheep follow, they want the Watchtower to be "God's Organization", I know I wanted that. Those who can't accept the change will be cleansed like scummy dross and the Organization would be further purified, those who prove their allegiance remain to rebuild the new brotherhood with increased zeal ... it happened before, it would happen again.

• ziddina
    ziddina

marked...

Thanks for posting this - I've saved a copy of the pdf for future reference...

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The WTS has well and truly painted itself into a corner over the 607 / 1914 dates, making it extremely unlikely that the "sheeples" would ever now accept an about face on these dates:

- no matter how much the FDS might spout on about "New Light"!

Bill.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Marking. 607 was the beginning for me and Jonsson's book convinced me that the society was dead wrong about it.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This is a really concise rebuttal to the society's foaming blather...

• willyloman
    willyloman

Thanks for posting this info; will come back and read later.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I have downloaded the pdf and distributed it to my own small Bible study group of ex-JWs. I am eager to read the second part of the series. The sad thing is this article will have little impact on rank and file Witnesses who have been told that they should only visit WTS-approved websites. Most have never heard of Jonsson's book The Gentile Times Reconsidered unless they have read Ray Franz or Don Cameron. This work, as well as Doug Mason's refutation, will likely get the silent treatment from the Governing Body as well. Calling attention to the material by attacking it by title or author will only direct the curious and questioning to it. That is something the WTS is determined to prevent at all costs.

The Governing Body is feeling the heat. With the critical year 2014 looming on the horizon, they have apparently decided to launch a "preemptive strike" against critics of its cornerstone teaching. We will probably see more articles like two published in the October 1 and November 1 Watchtower magazines with the hope that by shouting loud enough the voices of critics will be drowned out and the tight control over the membership will be maintained. We should also expect more dire warnings against apostates and the Internet as the organization tries to restrict the flow of information. If it should fail, then the collapse we've all been hoping for might arrive sooner rather than later.

Quendi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit