-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Well then this guy must be really gay:

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thats right Zid!!!

People have got nothing better to do than bash other people, makes them feel superior.

At the end of the day...its none of their business if someone is gay or straight.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

This course 'can lead to cynicism'!

Thats right... that is exactly what it has led the WTS to be of this issue - negative, distrustful, and disparaging.

What a bad example they are for us to follow. I think i personaly should be more open and accepting of others than they are, after all thats what a proper Christian does. :)
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

I was told being gay wasn't a choice .... so I chose to be heterosexual.

• tec
    tec

Adolescents don't commit suicide over being gay... they commit suicide because of what they're taught being gay means. Over the bullying and mocking and beating that they take from other students; not to mention disapproval from parents and society as well, or fear of all those things keeps them hiding or denying. Who chooses a life like that?

It is the spirit (what's inside you) that counts.

I'm glad you don't let anyone get you down or put you down, Timmy!

Peace,

Tammy

• Bells
    Bells

Reminds me of a 'discussion' that I had with a young newlywed JW couple several years ago... When the topic of homosexuality came up. They were certainly not backward in coming forward! "It's wrong, it's disgusting and it's something you choose - no one is born gay, they choose to be gay".

I was in a state of shock. My contact with witnesses had not been extensive at this point and I could not believe that in this day and age and of this 'generation' that people could still have this point of view. They had obviously never actually met a gay person before, and had certainly not held their best friend as they confided in them that they're gay, and they wish they weren't, they'd do anything to change it.. (at that stage anyway, since he's come out, and been accepted by his society - aka friends and family, he's happy as ever and certainly less suicidal than ever! Like many gay people, what he hated wanted to change about being gay was simply just what others thought of him'. Luckily for my friend, he wasn't a witness - if he was, I could almost guarentee suicide!).

As for children, I'd rather be brought up in a gay household than a witness house hold any day...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Gay = total non-issue. It is only an issue to hillbillies and losers. It's a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit