Lol at Awake quote about gayz!

by TimothyT 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Are you a member of the homosexual community? (Yes.) Can you say that you have honestly found satisfaction and fulfillment in that way of life? (Being true to myself has brought me great happiness yes. Similarly meeting someone i love and who loves me has made me very happy.) Thousands of homosexuals have learned in the hard way that the “gay life” is not gay. (Im sure they have. Im sure many straight people have also had their fair share of troubles too.) Their course, says homosexual William Carroll, “can lead to cynicism, despair and even suicide.” (Im sure it CAN, but that doesnt nescesarily mean it WILL. On the other hand, if many DONT choose this course it CAN lead to suicide. Explain that one WT?) Why let that happen to you? (Exactly! We all want the best life and we cant base it on assumptions and weasel words such as 'can'.) Why not change course like those first-century homosexuals and really enjoy life? (I am enjoying life too much now and I dont want to revert to depression and suicidal feelings. Ta!)

(Awake 1976, 6/8, p.12)

• designs
    designs

Tinothy,

When that article came out a group of gay men went to Bethel to confront Nathan Knorr on the misinformation in the Awake. Knorr's response was to dismiss them by quoting Romans 1,2.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Quentin Crisp was OK with it. He later referred to himself as a 'Stately Homo of England'.

The WBT$ is all about control. Trying to instill the fear that it induces suicide makes me sick. Being in the WBT$ is enough to make you depressed alone! I dare the w4nkers to go after Islam and see what response they get!

I notice the date of the article was after armageddon failed to show up. Perhaps they were annoyed and decided to go Homo bashing.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

This is a perfect example of Watchtower's slanted thinking. It says...

"Their course, says homosexual William Carroll, “can lead to cynicism, despair and even suicide.”"

But is their "cynicism, despair, and suicide" directly related to being gay, or is it a result of the negative pressures put on them by society? That is not addressed.

It is also true that many people that have become Jehovah's Witnesses have fallen into "cynicism, despair, and even suicide."

Is that a direct result of being Watchtower followers? Quite often, yes.

Then it should follow, 'Why let that happen to you? Why not change course...?" Of course this would mean turning your back on the WTS, or never getting involved in the first place.

Yet for some reason, most Jehovah's Witnesses never open their eyes wide enough to see the double standard in such reasoning.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

No one choose to be Gay and that is why, when sociryt tells gay people that there is something very wrong with THEM they do feel:

"Despair and even suicidal".

A gay friend of mine once said, " My life as a gay person is very hard, it would be far easier to NOT be gay, No one chooses to be gay Paul, no one choose to have a harder and more difficult life IF they have a choice".

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Right, that "choice" thingy thrown around is funny....I wish I could ask the (anonymous) authors of this article when did they CHOOSE to be straight?

Did they sit down one day with a pad of paper and pencil and listed all the pros and cons of each lifestyle and then made a CHOISE?

Did they maybe TRY it both ways and the heterosexual experience and way of life ended up being what they really liked?

A bunch of bozos that have absolutely no training in human psychology, physiology or any scientific knowledge to that matter telling me how to live my life....why don't you GTFOOH

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Perhaps it was the first hand experiences of Ewart Chitty and Leo Greenlees that inspired this piece of 'Awake!' propaganda.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

the "gay is a choice" people are the "flat earther's" of our time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believe the doctrines of the Washtowel are more responsible for more problems than any lifestyle choices. Including gay living. Including using drugs. Including everything else.

When one lives the Washtowel lifestyle, one forgoes everything pleasurable. One gives up their weekends so they can do field circus, with results that are just about zilch. One gives up everything that is fun. One has to obey tons of rules, which make one need to check with the littera-trash every time they make a simple decision. And one is destined to be destitute and stagnant when one gets old--pious-sneering does not make one well off, or financially secure.

True, financial security is not assured no matter what you do. But, why strip yourself of each and every opportunity to get rich? You can't start a business because you are supposed to pious-sneer. You can't buy a scratch-off because you are gambling and "greedy". You can't work extra hours because that infringes on field circus and boasting sessions. You can't invest anything (in stocks or silver) because it's too worldly. If you inherit a large sum of money, you must throw it away into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund (where you might as well put it in the rubbish instead). No matter what, you are never going to get rich as a witless (unless, that is, you are at the very top).

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

so glad you don't listen to that!!! enjoy your life!!!FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit