Victoria, Australia: Answers to questions asked by posters about the Steven Unthank criminal case against WT

by AndersonsInfo 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• smiddy
    smiddy

Surely any normal thinking person would be aghast at the doublespeak ,deceptive ,manipulative ,gymnastics of the J W `s lawyer ( herself a JW) on the question of whether Jehovah`s Witness Congregations exist in the state of victoria or even australia and her denial of such

When you see reports like this how can you feel sorry for their followers ?

I know most of us were in this position in times past ,but with the 1nternet and the availability of knowedge their is little excuse for the younger generation to dismiss the evidence

Knowledge is power embrace it

smiddy

• applehippie
    applehippie

Marking for reading later, again...

• Tracy_Herford
    Tracy_Herford

Heya everyone

Found this site/link from a reddit post - When well meaning activists just get it wrong ...its talking about someone called Barbara Anderson.

Thought I'd jump in and try out the community. Some really good info sharing here.

• Listener
    Listener

This is your first post here Tracy and I am wondering what your agenda is by bringing up this post about Barbara Anderson.

Barbara Anderson has worked for many years on Child Abuse and the JW organization. She is highly respected here and by many ex JWs. She has proven to be a serious problem for the organization and she has been discredited by them in the past.

You state that there is "some really good info sharing" in the link you provided which makes the claim that it is the victims who are the real hero's, whereas Barbara Anderson got something wrong. Could you please advise what this really good information is, rather than providing a link?

The link you do provide is from a poster that has only made three posts. Two of them are an attack on Steven Unthank, who was pivotal in highlighting JWs and their dealing with child abuse within Australia, well before the ARC was formed. The third post is the one you link to and is an attack on Barbara Anderson.

Whether or not the Elders in Australia were breaking the law by not obtaining a Working with Children clearence certificate is certainly up for debate but Steven Unthank was prepared to challenge this in court. Since the Australian Branch decided to comply with this law eventually then there was no further action required on his part to challenge their inactivity in this aspect. For the most part, it has become a non issue but it appears that there is someone or some people (JWs?, the Australian Bethel Branch?) who want to undermine the work of Steven Unthank and now Barbara Anderson.

I would think that both of these activists have much more important work involving JW child abuse activism than dealing with individuals who want to undermine that work. They are still both working very hard at attaining further reforms within the Watchtower. Their work has ultimately provided a better platform in which victims are better able to have their cases dealt with, either through personal support, reforms, and various other methods.

Again, could you please advise what this 'really good information' is?

Personally, I am of the opinion that this personal attack is nasty and somehow vindictive.

I haven't bothered to read the two reports written to undermine the efforts of Steven Unthank but it would come as no surprise if it did not include the very important work that he did on his submission to the Victorian Royal Commission on Child abuse and their review of the JW religion within Australia. Also, Steven Unthank provided a great deal of information here on this forum over the many years of his work in Australia (in real time) and included many documents and links to information as well as court proceedings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit