Little sis got shunned today by big sis

by nugget 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• nugget
    nugget

I called my sister today and they said "we were shunned today." normally this is a bit of a non event after all how many faders get shunned on a regular basis. I asked who it was and they said "big sis" now this is a shock. Up until now big sis has cut me off as mentally diseased but has been happy to associate with non df'd little sis. This is a step up for her and swiftly follows they magazine on df'ing and apostates. I filled them in on the recent magazine and publicity since they now have real lives in which the watchtower does not feature. Since there is friction between them it probably didn't take much but it is sad that the watchtower has this affect.my big sis had reached a level of compromise that we could all live With but now feels she is not shunning enough. So sad.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

What a shame! But both you and your little sister are better off without such a negative influence as a cult mind controlled zombie.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Yeap ... a lot of changes in the JWs after that article ... my JW niece in Canada closed her facebook account which is very suspicious ...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good grief...

What a nasty cult!! The Watchtower's hate propaganda is having the desired effect... For now...

I sure hope that the governmental authorities of Britain and Canada - and Australia - do something about the Watchtower Corporation's program of hatred...

• nugget
    nugget

I have been hearing quite a few accounts of an increase in shunning but this was a little close to home. It always amazed me that she would happily associate with my sister who had never been baptised and my younger sister but not myself even though there is little to choose between us regarding our viewpoint of the society. The JW rules allowed her to make a fine distinctions on worthiness.

Although my sister appears to have taken it on the chin I am sad, life shouldn't be like this it is a sad waste.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

That is sad. I hope big sis comes to her senses one day...you never know.

• FadeToGrey
    FadeToGrey

With all the stuff I read on here, It just makes my so angry with this sick arse 19th century cult. Wish it would Die Die Die.

For the untold misery it has brought to millions, this last 100 years or so. For them there is no forgiveness. IMHO

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

So sorry Nugget For you and your sister

We can only hope that the other sister will have the lightbulb moment before she devotes her whole life to this despicable cult.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I hope she wakes up too. But it is unlikely. She is married to an elder who converted in his 20's, he has achieved more status by being a witness than he would ever have achieved elsewhere. He is controlling and she is very much controlled by him.

Sad

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I think quite honesly Cantleave you have summed up why a lot of people become and remain witnesses. They have a need to achieve something and have probably achieved more in a shorter time and more easily than they could outside.

We had one particular Elder who was exactly as you describe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit