The way I see it Jesus must have had a wife at some point

by sabastious 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Jesus was stating that the intent to do something IS a sin, not just the ACT of doing it, do you agree or disagree?

Can you show me another example of Jesus describing this intention of sin being sin concept?

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well:

21 “ You have heard that it was said to those of ancient times , ‘ You shall not murder ’; and ‘ whoever murders shall be liable to judgment .’ 22 But I say to you that if you are angry with a brother or sister , e you will be liable to judgment ; and if you insult f a brother or sister , g you will be liable to the council ; and if you say , ‘ You fool ,’ you will be liable to the hell h of fire . 23 So when you are offering your gift at the altar , if you remember that your brother or sister i has something against you , 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go ; first be reconciled to your brother or sister , j and then come and offer your gift .

Above we have the issue of "intention" of anger and resentment.

And here Jesus states his view on the intentions behind why someone gives alms:

Concerning Almsgiving

6 “ Beware of practicing your piety before others in order to be seen by them ; for then you have no reward from your Father in heaven .

2 “So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. a

And the intent behind why and how we pray:

5 “ And whenever you pray , do not be like the hypocrites ; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners , so that they may be seen by others . Truly I tell you , they have received their reward . 6 But whenever you pray , go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret ; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you . b

7 “When you are praying, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The point is that the intention behind the act, even alms giving and praying, can alreay make even a noble act a "sin".

Freaking formating !!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

If Jesus had been married, there would have been NO REASON to omit that from any Gospel or writings we have in the NT

If Jesus had ever pooped, there would have been NO REASON to omit that from any Gospel or writings we have in the NT

If Jesus had every had childhood playmates, there would have been NO REASON to omit that from any Gospel or writings we have in the NT

If Jesus had gotten a boner, there would have been NO REASON to omit that from any Gospel or writings we have in the NT

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

• tec
    tec

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

This makes me grin... for some odd, strange, completely unknown reason ;)

Sab... Christ spoke often about being clean on the inside. If you are 'clean' on the inside, then everything about you is 'clean'. If you are filled with love, then your actions are loving. If with hate, then your actions are hateful.

His emphasis is on the spirit of the person... not just on what they show the rest of the world. (hypocrisy) The heart of a person. Because while other people can't see inside of us - Christ and God CAN. So they know what we're really made of. So if a person thinks they're hiding who they really are... they are wrong.

Peace,

Tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

marking to read later, thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit