The way I see it Jesus must have had a wife at some point

by sabastious 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    tec: Spirit... in combination with the 'heart'... not the organ.

vs

tec: If you are looking lustfully at another woman (you are disloyal in your heart- wanting another woman)... so are you truly, deeply, faithful in your spirit?

Tec, I'm having trouble figuring out where the human mind fits within your belief framework here. Looking lustfully at the opposite sex is wholly a mental process and can be explained by modern science. Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to imply that when one, using their mental capacity, lusts after another it is a reflextion of their "spirit" or heart condition.

According to you what are the differences between mind and spirit?

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If Jesus had been married, there would have been NO REASON to omit that from any Gospel or writings we have in the NT.

No reason at all.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As for that passage about adultery, it was quite simply Jesus reminding his audience that sin BEGINS with intention, not the act itself ( which is the result of sin).

• tec
    tec

Its all good, Sab. I don't agree that he HAD to have had a wife to have been able to say what he did. We can disagree :)

I want to try and put it in a different light for a moment, if I might.

Christ did not look longingly at other races worshipping their different gods, and wish that they were his 'bride' instead of Israel. Nor will he ever betray his 'wife'... all those who belong to Him. In thought or in deed. So in that sense, He does have authority and knowledge to speak.

A lot of people have committed 'adultery' in their heart, as per his words... or murder in their heart, as per his words on anger/cursing. So that we should forgive those who do the same to us...because WE are guilty of doing it ourselves, and hope to be forgiven as well. Just because we all do it, doesn't make it right. Just means, imo, that we should be merciful and forgiving toward others for the same. None of us are perfect. But love does cover over a multitude of transgressions. Our love and others' love.

Anyway, we're getting into more than your topic intended here, I think. Plus I always start a discussion just before I have to leave for work. Sorry. Talk later, Sab.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Oops, was responding to your earlier post, Sab... I'll get back to you on the other one above when I get home.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think the Watchtower's version of things, that Jesus came here strictly to preach door to door for a few years and then suffer a horrible death in obedience to Jehovah, never having masturbated, had a wet dream, or even thinking about sex, and that we're supposed to be imitators of such a freak of nature, is a LOT more believable.....

According to Gnostic Kabbalah, it is impossible to achieve 100 percent awakening without a tantric sex partner to transmute the sexual energy required to be a Master of his caliber, and so he was indeed married to Mary Magdalene, who was also an initiate. MAG-dalene is for MAGI or MAGICIAN. Their version of being "born again" is a sexual issue. Samael Aun Weor wrote volumes about this. Many ancient civilizations believed and practiced the same thing..... tantric sex. Worth looking into for the curious.....

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"The way I see it Jesus must have had a wife at some point."

This news to me - who's wife?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Christ did not look longingly at other races worshipping their different gods, and wish that they were his 'bride' instead of Israel. Nor will he ever betray his 'wife'... all those who belong to Him. In thought or in deed. So in that sense, He does have authority and knowledge to speak.

Authority, yes, knowledge yes, but he lacked any actual experience and I personally I think the character described in the 4 Gospels would abstain from such statements if he truly was always celibate.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    As for that passage about adultery, it was quite simply Jesus reminding his audience that sin BEGINS with intention, not the act itself ( which is the result of sin).

Sac, how can you conscientiously say that? Jesus' alleged statement was quite clear and concise. Adultery, especially within the Bible, is not up to interpretation and that's exactly what's you are doing by saying Jesus was only refering to the preliminary thoughts before the action. You can't hide from the clear language in that verse. Adultery is adultery, right?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    According to Gnostic Kabbalah, it is impossible to achieve 100 percent awakening without a tantric sex partner to transmute the sexual energy required to be a Master of his caliber, and so he was indeed married to Mary Magdalene, who was also an initiate. MAG-dalene is for MAGI or MAGICIAN. Their version of being "born again" is a sexual issue. Samael Aun Weor wrote volumes about this. Many ancient civilizations believed and practiced the same thing..... tantric sex. Worth looking into for the curious.....

That sounds interesting. If that truly was what was going on in the 1st century then there is a lot wool over a lot of people's eyes in this world.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit