"We Must Have the Faith..."

by breakfast of champions 18 Replies latest social humour

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

..."that the Bible does provide,

If we build such faith though god's war we will survive!

If we have such faith accompanied by works,

This kind of faith preserves our souls alive!"

I just infected your mind with one of the hokeyest Kingdumb Maladies ever produced. See how long it takes to get rid of it. It has been plaguing me since Thursday and I'm not sure why...

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

shut up b.o.c.

• finallysomepride
  • N.drew
    N.drew

Hahahaha OUCH!

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Damnit i can't get out my head

• AnneB
    AnneB

When a song plagues me like that it usually means there is something in the lyrics to fit a current situation, either "for real" or because whatever I internalized through the words is ready to be put under a microscope, but in either case, the song applies somehow to something I'm currently dealing with. Maybe it works that way with you, too.

Hokey or not, if you have all the words to the song I'd appreciate it if you'd post them. Sometimes it helps to go through line by line and see just where the logic goes bad, if it does. The only other part of that song I remember is "On many occassions God spoke long ago, by means of his prophets on earth here below". What else does it say?

• blondie
    blondie

They are all hokey..............

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

This was one of the worst!

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

LOL!!! Jerk!!!

*Try to think of something else * Try to think of something else * Try to think of something else*

• Adiva
    Adiva

Actually, one of those songs popped into my head this morning, the one from the 23rd Psalm about jehovah being my shepherd. Anyway, I believe the song originally said 'my head with oil he anointed'. Then it got changed to 'my head with oil he refreshes'. It made me think that right there the writers are creating a not so subtle distinction between those of the 'anointed' and the 'great crowd'; one group gets anointed, the other just gets refreshed.

Adiva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit