December 1, 2011 Watchtower - I believe there may be some lying in here...

by sd-7 29 Replies latest jw friends

• screwface
    screwface

the GB are double tongued serpents! everyone here knows this. The hard part is convincing family and friends still in. But if they keep exposing themselves with crap like this! it wont be long. One former friend of mine literally ran away from me when i started talking about the GB's false prophecies. lol

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

marked

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

When they say Jehovah's Witnesses don't, they say that like that commercial where the wife asks:

"Are you drinking out of the container?" and the husband pauses, speaks to the instance and says: "I'm not".

When they say they don't, they redefine Jehovah's Witnesses to be those Jehovah's Witnesses alive at the moment those words hit the page of the Watchtower.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Two years ago my Dad said "They are saying it is coming really soon now." I asked him "Oh really? Why is that?" He said "The economy is real bad." I said "Dad, if a bad economy is the reason then wouldn't it have come during the Great Depression? That was a worse economic time than this." I got the silence and the look ... always the silence. and the look.

So this video was done 2 years ago and the Big 'A' is 'imminent' . Uh, I don't know about you but 2 years ago is not my definition of 'imminent':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5xQ7IWDN8g

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I noticed this 'New Light(TM)'

"We should therefore hate what is bad but not the person who does what is bad."

This is obviously them covering their tracks from the 'old light(patent pending)'

'...Christian must hate the person....' Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420

• Mary
    Mary
    Jehovah's Witnesses do not try to predict when God will destroy the wicked.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    The inspired prophets of old, such as Daniel, did not personally analyze the current trends of their time and then attempt to unravel a complicated future by uttering a prophecy.

Of course, that is EXACTLY how the book of Daniel reads!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Apparently the WTS feels that the public has no memory of the predictions and statements previously made by the WTS.

No memory of old predictions??? It's true!

The PUBLIC doesn't care. JWs just don't matter in the big scheme of things.

There are bigger things to remember, like....where did I put my car keys?

Current JWs mostly DO NOT REMEMBER. Majority of them are in 10 years or less. They only know about 1975 (and other dates) by what they are told by current JWs -- until they read it here -- then they are told everything here is all lies.

My close JW friend that I can speak to about my concerns says apostates alter the words of WT publications and then post pdf of it online. Said the same thing about Menlo Park court case docs. Altered court records to make JWs look bad.

Until the blinders come off there is no reasoning.

DOC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Until the blinders come off there is no reasoning.

Word.

Fortunately, the Borganization is so ineptly run (and getting more so as good people leave) that individuals are losing their blinders on a daily basis. When a Borg screwup affects you personally, that's when you're more willing to entertain the thought that they might not be all they claim to be.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Blind arrogence and willful ignorance would be the causes of such false statements. The Watchtower has had to constantly defend itself for decades and in the process they have turned themselves into a big pretzel of logical fallacies.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit