December 1, 2011 Watchtower - I believe there may be some lying in here...

by sd-7 29 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Apparently the WTS feels that the public has no memory of the predictions and statements previously made by the WTS. Most of the jw just blindly follow the WTS no matter what they say. Hence the GB is trying not to appear like Harold Camping, though they did the same.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    "In other cases, 'friends' may ridicule the good news presented in God's Word. (2 Pet. 3:3, 4) Some may ridicule your efforts to do what is right.

That line is slipped in very early with Bible studies, if I remember correctly. Check any literature that they use for the first Bible study. Last time I checked one, it was the third study.

They always try to weasel their way out of the pooh with this 'day and the hour' excuse. Sure, you won't find many of those, but you will find plenty of time frames that have been exceeded. Is it dishonest? It is in my books. Especially if they are using it to whitewash their past while recruiting a new victim.

Chris

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The WTS rarely comes right out and announces it is doing a U-turn on doctrines. Its more common tactic is to slowly slip in new attitudes, which through the process of repetition gradually supplant the old ones.

I wonder if they're starting to do the same with this, and become more like the Seventh Day Adventists, who accept that Armageddon will come at some point, but make no attempt to pin it down.

But if they're becoming less doctrinaire, why are they stepping up their rhetoric against "apostates"?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Jehovah's Witnesses do not try to predict when God will destroy the wicked.

A forthright statement would be ... 'Jehovah's Witnesses no longer try to predict when God will destroy the wicked, however, it will be soon.'

But the Borg doesn't look back, so whatever is current is what matters, no need to bring up the past, only apostates worry about that.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'Jehovah's Witnesses do not try to predict when God will destroy the wicked.'

sd-7, the above quote on pg 10 from the 12/1/11 Watchtower Study Edition reminds me of the Native American (Indian) expression about the white man who speaks with a 'forked tongue.'

WTBTS literature is filled with lies. Each day that passes only increases my lack of respect for this bogus organization. I'm ashamed to be a part of it!

Thank you for sharing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It looks like an attempt to cover over their previous false prophecies.

They are telling the JWs 'You didn't see nothing..ok?........OK?' in a threatening manner. Y'know, like 'We know you have seen our false prophecies but shut the F*** up about it or get DF'd!!!'

Now everything they say that's screwy get critiqued on the net they're trying to tidy up.

Here is the GB's 'to do' list:-

'Overlapping Generations' Phase 1 complete. No need to make fools of ourselves by more predictions that fail. Just let the blighters overlap.

Tell the drones not to speculate. Try to convince them WE never speculate. Phase 2.

Now slam the 'apostates' out of the arena, close the mental doors on the antitypical Wako/Jonestown and we're in!

GB have assumed total control.

Now, Brother Spleen, what were you saying about Kool-aid?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is a blatant lie. Notice the date--December 1. This indicates a Showcase Washtowel (the Kool-Aid ones are dated the 15th). Telling the public that they do not try to predict the end while telling their members that the end is always within 2 years is blatantly hypocritical.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

SD-7, I don't want to hijack your thread; but somewhere around the quotes discussed here, another gem jumps out at ya:

Pg 17. bottom: "....In other cases, “friends” may ridicule the good news presented in God’s Word. (2 Peter 3:3, 4) Some may ridicule your efforts to do what is right. (1 Peter 4:4) If that happens to you, you may have to choose between being their friend and being God’s friend." (emphasis mine).

Ever since becoming aware of the many logical fallacies in the JW literature (and the false dichotomy in the quote above), it irritates me to no end to see those thrown so deliberately, yet casually in your face!!!

Really!?! Choose between being their friend and God's friend. No offense to God but maybe, just maybe I DON'T FEEL LIKE being either of yous (not a typo, that's plural for "you", Jersey style) friend right now.

Sheesh...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's such a circle jerk. I still remember how all these things are to occur in this century / in our day.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

RE: “Jehovah's Witnesses do not try to predict when God will destroy the wicked.”

I take this WTS statement to be intentionally misleading. Now, if it said this, “The leaders of Jehovah’s Witnesses have learned that it’s not a good idea to try to predict when God will destroy the wicked”, that would be more accurate.

Of course, where the WTS walks a fine line is when they say that God will destroy the wicked “very soon now”. Has anyone else noticed them using this phrase in their publications when talking about “the end”? I have news for Jehovah’s Witnesses. Every time the WTS uses that phrase, they prove themselves wrong when “the end” doesn’t come [very soon now].” And, it proves that they constantly try to hint about when “the end” is coming - but not necessarily using a date [anymore].

The WTS is one of the most disingenuous and dishonest organizations that I know. The internet has made it possible to thoroughly exposed them and for anyone to read about this exposure.

My favorite line goes like this: “How do the WTS leaders sleep at night?” (My conscience would bother me horribly if I was one of them!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit