Mass defection possible?

by stuckinamovement 43 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is one big problem. Each person who defects takes a risk, and if others do not defect, they end up losing. And the Washtowel will do all it can to make sure the ones that do not defect punish the ones that do to the maximum ability. They use labels such as "mentally diseased" to denigrade those who do defect, even with good cause.

Defecting this religion is much like moving to a foreign country (minus, of course, packing expenses and getting visas). You lose your whole "family" and what you thought were friends. Your whole lifestyle is likely to change, since you never got preparation to make it outside the cancer. Often, you have to get another job (not easy these days) and move to another home--people have been evicted, including children by their own parents, for defecting from the religion. You have to learn a whole new culture, one that you have been programmed to believe is rotten to the core. And most of the witlesses will not take that risk--including the risk that "one day soon", they are going to get destroyed if they remain out.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I think it's possible, if a number of factors came together. The way I see it we need to keep poking the bear (the borg) so they show themselves up more and more in what they print.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Even after 1975 people stuck around. A number left but it was hardly a mass exodus. I think the way people fade out will continue until they acheive a hard core group

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The moment the WTS drops the shunning rule, there will be a mass defection.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

which means it will never happen

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If the leaders won't lead, then we shouldn't follow!

SIAM, do what is right for you. Don't wait for others to move first. Who knows how many are waiting for you to take the lead!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

The only was I see that happening is if somehow the watchtower drops the shunning policy. but that odds of that are so slim. that would be like shooting themselves in the head. groups like that cant exist without shunning.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I don't know the kool aid is strong. One thing is notable the last understanding is that when religion goes down they will be left alone. If they start to get attacked first they will have to come up with new light and another kool aid flavor. If nothing happens to the WBT$ in the next few years I may start to believe in the Freemason Illuminati Bildeberg connection & New World Order theories. I know they will never really disappear but they can't stay this strong and do nothing for the Gov't. It doesn't make sense. They rack up too much money to keep flying under the radar. France & Russia blew it and the exposure of child molestation was just a blip. When will someone or something finally be able to pin them on something.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It could be somewhat successful if all the faders who already intend to leave would get organized and wait until there was a critical mass of them and then they all left together.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The REASON they won't drop the shunning policy is BECAUSE THEY KNOW that if they did, THEN they WOULD have a MASS DEFECTION!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit