What do you think about Pentecostal People?

by Iamallcool 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Abu deonka seliky trokorum gonada assholas

It's stupidity and nonsense

• ziddina
    ziddina

That they're nuts???

Er, that they're as nuts as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Muslims, Moonies and Scientologists???

Zid

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Religious/sexual hysteria.

• LV101
    LV101

Knew some yrs. ago or maybe they were assembly of god people instead but one worked as a maid a yr. ago or so ---- and it wasn't good. she had so much rage/anger and was quite destructive w/my property --- somehow got bleach on the carpet (stairs) and i assumed it was someone else but she admitted it was probably her. at least she didn't want it pinned on another. she was manipulative/stubborn but admitted she and her mate had been lazy and that's why they had nothing. mentioned several times they'd be moving back to mexico but were here legally. she had beautiful children but said her husband was always having to deal w/her abusive behavior toward them and begged her to stop hitting them.

she was always begging for clothes (men's suits as well as women's clothing) so i'm assuming they have to dress up for their meetings and she didn't let her kids celebrate xmas but at least went to the various charities to pick up free gifts for them. noticed she signed her paychecks over to the preacher of the church (i could not believe this) yet told me about all the free food her family received from the food banks. you cannot believe how poor she was. she always wore a skirt/dress and never slacks/pants so i guess the watchtower is lenient! she was one disordered character.

• White Dove
    White Dove

If I was Christian, I might have stuck with the Assembly of God.

Had some very good experiences with them.

• LV101
    LV101

White Dove --- I noted positives w/Assembly of God religion. Attended something in highschool w/classmate and they speak in tongues but seemed to have some great youth programs and everyone seemed quite happy and busy w/their own lives. I really know nothing about their dogma/belief system, whatever.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Pentacostals? Assembly of God? We call them AG here. They are very supportive of each other and some of the nicest and genuine people I have met. Could never get into their worship though, but that's just their way of worshipping. I have no problem with it as long as it works for them.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Many seem conditioned to override their inhibitions and to act like children on Christmas morning. It's a little embarrassing, like being the designated driver at a drinking party.

• LV101
    LV101

and what does "AG" stand for? thanks.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"AG"...

AGGGIESSS!!!

Just kiddin'...

I think that "AG" = Assembly of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest