Download While You Can!

by Atlantis 68 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thank you

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

not having a lot of joy with megaupload... just spamming me with party poker and free prize crap...

oz

• diamondiiz
  • factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you! I especially like the photos of the new construction at Wallkill Bethel!

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"Thanks for this info- a lot of boring stuff to wade thru though! Secrets used to be so much more interesting!"

About the only truly interesting things in the downloads were the hall designs and paperwork associated with them (but maybe that is just because I work in construction and design drafting?).

Other than that though, just a lot of legalese and routine forms. No real smoking gun here from the looks of it :/

• 00DAD
    00DAD

@ Teary Oberon: That ammount of legal paperwork and instruction is ... not really sinister unless you are just really, really wanting to turn it into something sinister. You can't spend upwards of $100 million a year in donations taking care of special pioneers and workers, along with printing all the publications and building hundreds of Halls a year, without a strong accounting and legal department. [Emphasis added]

Ok, Teary, I agree that accounting and legal procedures and forms are necessary. From a practical standpoint they are necessary. That is obvious. That also was not my point.

My point is that there is a huge disparity gap between what the Society does (because it of course needs to) and what it instructs its members/followers:

They officially and publicly instruct their followers NOT to pursue Higher Education and yet they rely on the expertise of people that have advanced degrees in accounting, law and architectural engineering. Why is that?

Well, I'm not a mind reader so I can only speculate on their motives, but this disparity certain raises some interesting questions about their motives. Why wouldn't the society to pursue skills that they so obviously need?

In reference to your comment about it being "common sense" to get rid of old policy letters to avoid confusion, again--from a practical standpoint--I agree. However, you ignore the context of the Society's long-standing practice of revising documents and then denying the past.

BTW, you're the one that raised question of whether any of these practices are "sinister" or not. But since you opened that door, let's go through it! My comments at least were on the facts revealed by these documents, not the motives of the source. I believe these documents help to prove a pattern of hypocritical deception and duplicity of the part of the leadership of the WTBTS.

I don't pretend to know their motives, although I can guess. Regardless, it is clear that they are not what they claim to be, and they make demands and place restrictions on their members that they themselves ignore.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Oops, I meant to say, "Why wouldn't the society encourage their members to pursue skills that they so obviously need?" in my 4th paragraph above.

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Thanks Atlantis, you did good.

• bob1999
    bob1999

Teary Oberon said, "The one that stole these documents in the first place"

I always think of religious organizations as being open and honest.

Why should anyone have to steal anything from a religious organization?

True religious organizations don't hide anything.

Peace

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Atlantis you have a pm......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit