My Great-Grandmother Died This Morning

by TheClarinetist 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

She's been really bad for quite a while, and passed away in her sleep. She lived to be a ripe old age, and even got to meet some of her Great-Great Grandchildren (not mine... I don't have any kids), which is not something that can be said for a lot of people. She loved music, and took organ lessons for many of the last years of her life, something that we really connected on, despite the fact that she was a, for lack of a better word, crazy JW that pioneered for years after she wasn't able to attend meetings in person.

From what I understand, the majority of people people never meet their Great-Grandparents, and for that I should consider myself lucky, but still I'll miss her. I'm glad that, before her mind finally went in the last couple of months, I was able to see her, tell her I loved her, and tell her goodbye.

I'll never forget her.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sorry for your loss.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Heartfelt condolences. Great comments on your g-grand.

I knew 3 of my great grandparents. One lived to 103. I knew all of my grandparents. They have all passed away and I am privileged to have known them.

• journey-on
    journey-on

So sorry for your loss. But, what a blessing to have really known her! I remember one set of my great-grandparents, but they passed when I was a very young child. It would have been great to talk to them as an adult.

This past Spring, I was on a business trip and stopped for some lunch. There was a teenager in the booth across from me "interviewing" an older woman that looked to be about 90. The girl had a recorder and was asking the woman questions about her life. It touched my heart to see the older woman become so animated when she began to describe something that happened in her youth.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So sorry for your loss.

I knew my great grand mother too, she raised my mother. She was a sweet woman. Too bad she became a jw back in the 1940's.

• flipper
    flipper

CLARINETIST - I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear great-grandmother. My wife and I send our deepest condolences. I'm glad you got to tell her you loved her and see her before she died. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry for your loss.

• nugget
    nugget

Thinking of you. It is indeed a privilege to know great grandparents and a sad loss when they are gone.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sorry to hear of your loss. You were very blessed to have known her.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So sorry for your loss.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit