Is the New Testament only for the 144,000 then?

by TimothyT 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

If its right what the Watchtower say and the New Testament is only for the 144,000, then where the hell does everyone else fit in then?

Why do the other witnesses even bother?

Surely Jesus sacrifice and the New Testament are written for all professing to have faith in him?

Gimme your thoughts and if you can show me some scriptures which show its for everyone, id be most appreciative. :)

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Man do I love the way you reason and think!!

• N.drew
    N.drew

Many called, few chosen, when you go the distance, then you become of that "class" of 144,000. The New Testament is for anyone who wants to know anything helpful for life, or know what is unseen (heavenly). The Bible, all of it, is for whomever wishes something better.

Timothy assigning homework? OK. I will rise to the assignment. I will wait, maybe the others will do my homework for me.

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's almost like the Watchtower doctrine sets up the 144,000 to choose who their "great crowd" will end up being. The Governing Body is, and always has been, interested in closing the gap between themselves and the other self entilted Anointed class within the Rank and File.

-Sab

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

N.drew, those are quite some statements you make. unfortunately they are completely unproven.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Are there any scriptures in the NT that say that the earth will be inhabited? JW's usually stick to Psalms.

• N.drew
    N.drew

"N.drew, those are quite some statements you make. unfortunately they are completely unproven."

HUH? Are you an atheist? Honey?

I have something wrong with the part of my brain that distinguishes one person from another. That's why I keep coming back even when I get blungeoned to the death.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If you are an atheist, fine, I am not offended J. Hofer, so?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

offence wasn't the intent anyways. dunno what this has to do with being a nonstampcollector though.

as to the original question (switching to JW mode): yes, the NT was written for everybody. just like in ancient israel proselytes had to obbey the law and had a special status before jehovah, the modern history of jehovah's witnesses shows how many of the other sheep happily help in the work that is done by the annointed remnant, led by the governing body in jehovah's earthly organization.

in other words, you have to obbey the same laws but you'll still fly economy class.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Jehovah's Witnesses believe my point of view can't be right. So I heard you say J. Hofer that my point of view can't be right. That is what I meant by insulted, how is it possible that I can't know anything? That's what people keep telling me. It's offensive, isn't it?

stamp collecting? Is it a joke. It doesn't have anything to do with collecting anything. Are you trying to screw up my brain? (tongue in cheek-OK?). Are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit