WTS Counts on: BAD MEMORIES and LACK OF WTS HISTORY

by blondie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

As soon as the GB comes out with "new light" on any subject, most JWs immediately "forget" that there ever was any "old light" on the subject.

It's revisionist history straight out of Orwell's 1984.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking this thread and bumping it...

Great thread, Blondie!! [You always make great threads!!]

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Short and sweet, but I think your thesis hits it square on the head!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Soon the elders will have to disfellowship sheeple for reading old issues of Watchtower publications.

Instead of putting release dates on literature, they should put expiration dates on it. Pick up an old bound volume or colorful hardbound book and it's as bad as sour milk.

• Violia
    Violia

Billy

What you said is not far from true. Back around 86-88 a family member was told by the PO to get rid of the older books, most dating back to 1922-23. They were not in great shape but were gifts from their family. I was able to intercept this and stop them from throwing away books. I own them now.

I even heard them say this from the platform. I could not believe what I was hearing. It was basically a book burring. How crazy is that?

They did NOT say they would DF anyone but they said very strongly that we should follow the "slaves direction" , it showed our humble obedience to God's org. yada yada.....

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good for you, Viola! Rescuing those old books!! I'm envious of your collection... [winkey wink!!]

• Violia
    Violia

yeah I now have some dusty old books written by Rutherford. Did I win this? oh well, at least they did not burn them.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

designs says.....

Its amazing what's in the Magazines, they get hung by their own words again and again...

How about this from Awake 4/22/04 pg 29..... At traditional Turkish weddings, well-wishers festoon the bride with jewelry and the groom with money. But in Turkey, as in many other lands, credit cards are making inroads into society. At one recent wedding in Antalya, the bridal couple brought a portable credit card reader to the festivities, reports the FrankfurterAllgemeineZeitung. Friends and relatives slid their cards through the machine to deposit money in the couple’s bank account and then adorned the bride and bridegroom with the printed receipts. Is not the WTBTS as greedy as they are suggesting this bridal couple to be? Once again the WTBTS gets "hung" by its' own words!

• blondie
    blondie

Whenever I see the WTS continue to put their directives above any scripture, I think of what Jesus said.

(Matthew 15:1-10) 15 Then there came to Jesus from Jerusalem Pharisees and scribes, saying: 2 “Why is it your disciples overstep the tradition of the men of former times? For example, they do not wash their hands when about to eat a meal.” 3 In reply he said to them: “Why is it YOU also overstep the commandment of God because of YOUR tradition? 4 For example, God said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.’ 5 But YOU say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother: “Whatever I have by which you might get benefit from me is a gift dedicated to God,” 6 he must not honor his father at all.’ And so YOU have made the word of God invalid because of YOUR tradition. 7 YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, 8 ‘This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’

Since Charles Taze Russell appeared on the scene, his followers have put his words first, have put Rutherford's first, and have put the WTS body of directors first renamed the "governing body."

To the point that even if these "leaders" are wrong, the rank and file must follow it until "God" corrects them or be found actually disobeying God.

Here is one well-known Christian that didn't know that. He did not wait for God and he corrected a member of the WTS so-called GB.

(Galatians 2:11-14) . . .However, when Ce′phas came to Antioch, I resisted him face to face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before the arrival of certain men from James, he used to eat with people of the nations; but when they arrived, he went withdrawing and separating himself, in fear of those of the circumcised class. 13 The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense, so that even Bar′na·bas was led along with them in their pretense. 14 But when I saw they were not walking straight according to the truth of the good news, I said to Ce′phas before them all: “If you, though you are a Jew, live as the nations do, and not as Jews do, how is it that you are compelling people of the nations to live according to Jewish practice?”

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

HAHAHA my parents don't even use credit cards, and got rid of their ATM.. should be interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit