Global JW Survey page 958

by N.drew 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Sorry, pal. You may be well-intentioned but when I see money and religion in the same sentence, my eyes blur.

• cedars
    cedars

I'm not asking for money to preach to anyone! I'm simply asking that it isn't left only to me fund the gathering of actual data on how many disaffected Witnesses there are! I'm not asking anyone to finance a new religion. Sheesh.

I appreciate Daniel's support, and I have already received a very kind donation of $25. I was hoping the funding issue would be resolved very quickly and we could press on with getting the survey some publicity etc, but it seems my ambitions have been choked by red tape at the first hurdle...

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think the rule is correct and necessary!!!

I also understand Cedars dilemma. I have allowed Cedars to use my Paypal account for the donations. So far the total is $25, so he isn't making a profit out of this.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    It may sound picky, but I don't see why I should continue to post the results, thereby allowing
    the forum to get the benefit of the results for free, when I am not allowed to receive any help with the funding?
    And over such a relatively small amount of $400... it's a shame.

Go to a Nursery and Buy a Nice shrub..

http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/IMAGES/Texas/SHRUB.jpg

Then go to your Neighbours house,dig a hole and Plant it..

Once its planted..

Knock on the door and ask for compensation..

Be sure to tell them you`ve added value to their property..

Let us know what kind of response you get..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

???????

Outlaw, are you trying to compare a survey to a shrub?

Sorry, you're right. Forum members would benefit far more from pictures that have been pulled off Google, and an animation of Mutley laughing on each of my posts, than they ever would from meaningful data about how Witnesses around the world (past and present) feel about the WTBTS.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Cedars

You are worried about paying for $400 to pay for your survey. Just who do you think has paid the bills around here for the costs of running JWN for over 10 years. The majority of those years Simon paid for this out of his own pocket. He did ask for donations for a while but has now gets enough income from the ads to allow him to keep this massive website going. If he doesn't ask for money from you why should he break the rule for anyone else?

And if we say OK for one then we will have people popping up asking for money for all kinds of "important" things. We have been through this before and Simon had to say NO. I don't see him changing his mind any time soon.

So I suggest again to you that you look for a website where you can get your survey done for free. Take a look at http://www.tripod.lycos.com/site-building/addons.tmpl

I haven't tried it but it is free. There are many others Start looking for other options and stop soliciting.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Only people who are apostates or undercover-apostates will take the survey anyhow. I do like the idea, but I really don't get why there has been so much passion flurried around a survey that polls a group of people we talk to everyday, whom have already made their positions and feelings made known all over this forum. No big surprises, IMHO.

I don't think the survey will every bring long-term value to this community, so I'm not that bummed, I guess.

You would need a participation number in the hundreds of thousands in order to get any attention from The Watchtower Organization and the Worldwide Media.

The last count was somewhere close to 400 participants, and not even 15% of those were actually active Jehovah's Witnesses. A survey to find out that apostates disagree with The Governing Body is really not that revealing, and is...dare I say...a waste of time.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

N Drew

What you did is NOT a bump. A bump is when you post on the thread itself and that moves the thread to the first page of Active Topics. Telling people to look at a certain page in here won't work. The threads scroll by so fast that nothing stays in one place very long.

• cedars
    cedars

The majority of those years Simon paid for this out of his own pocket. He did ask for donations for a while but has now gets enough income from the ads to allow him to keep this massive website going.

Lady Lee - I understand that, and I think he's done a terrific job. He's provided an invaluable resource for people like me to come and sort our heads out about the Society's teachings. But everything has to start somewhere, and you admit yourself that he needed to ask for donations to begin with.

I'm not asking Simon for the $400, I just want to give those that have ALREADY expressed an interest in helping to fund the means to do so.

If you don't think that the survey is any good, or that it won't add value to JWN for a business perspective then that's fine - I'll go elsewhere and find another way of doing it. However given the way I'm being treated on this by site management I don't feel too inclined to post the results here if it is a success, I would rather go somewhere where the data is valued.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

One final comment

This issue has been sent to Simon. All PMs I have recieved from cedars have also been sent and he knows where the threads can be accessed. Further discussion breaksPosting Guideline #11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit