"i've got a funny feeling about this place! think it might be demon posscessed!"

by highdose 27 Replies latest jw friends

• erbie
    erbie

Oh my goodness!

Was that article written by JRR Tolkein of Lord of The Rings fame?

• nugget
    nugget

My mother did throw out a lot of stuff and my older sister was the same. My father was given silk scarves for us all from a spirit medium and my mum made him throw them into a skip. She threw out a load of linen that she thought was demon possessed as well. For witnesses demons are very real and out to get them. No other people could get that upset by a tablecloth.

• N.drew
    N.drew

She could have used the linen for rags to clean the toilet.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

I love demon stories!!

My great grandma told me that a sister in the next congregation over (always the way, isn't it) had received a beautiful engagement ring that was purchased at an estate sale. Her fiancé died of consumption before they wed (demons probably) and she put the ring in his coffin. It came back to her the next morning -sitting on her night table- then she threw it in the river and it came back again. Finally, her father melted it with an acetylene torch and ground up the diamond and burned the dust. That did the trick, no more demons.

That scared the crap out of me as a child. Now I am an avid yard/garage/estate sale shopper.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

That was his wife screaming..."YOU IDIOT!!"

• ziddina
    ziddina

^^^^^^^ My thoughts exactly...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Ugh. I remember my mother chopping up a bamboo tray that had Japanese writing & a picture on it. This was back in the seventies, I can't remember whether she was baptized or still studying, but she blamed the tray for the trouble she was having with my dad. She must have got her crazy ideas from the Witnesses-damn stupid religion.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I was unaware of the bicycle method . . . that's good to know.

B of C . . . be very careful toilet paper shopping . . . this can expose a dangerous point of entry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit