Should Men Tuck In Their Shirts?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was reading an article about how men should NOT tuck in their shirts if the shirt is worn as casual wear.

I often wear suits with a black tee shirt, tucked in. I have some great Cabana style shirts that are always worn over the belt. If I'm playing some sport, I would never tuck in a tee shirt.

I looked online after I read the article and it seems some are very firm on their position...... And while we're at it, should men wear a belt with jeans or with dress slacks?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Belts are more than a fashion accesory- they hold your pants up. If you don't need that for whatever reason, then don't wear a belt if you don't want to.

Same with tucking/not tucking. Don't do it if you don't want to when you are in a casual setting. Styles and customs have relaxed so much over time and it really is better that way. I would say, though, that winter flannels and the like look better tucked. Short sleeve warm-weather wear can go either way, sometimes looks better tucked and sometimes untucked.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, I agree!

• snakeface
    snakeface

Just because someone writes something in some article on the internet doesn't make them an authority.

I look at it this way: I paid for the shirt, so I wear it any way I want. If people don't like it they can turn their heads the other way. Except during the week of the circuit overseer's visit. (just kidding about that part)

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think dress pants just dont look right without a belt. Jeans... I wear a belt but thats to keep them on my waist. I only tuck in dress shirts if Im wearing dress pants.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Worrying about someone esle`s shirt,is..

Neurotic..

http://negative-existence.com/images/imagecache/131x140_Neurotic_Machinery_Opsialgia_CD.jpg

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• N.drew
    N.drew

No, not neurotic, but funny as hell. But hell isn't, is it?

It's a conspiracy, right? Or did that just happen?

OUTLAW, where's the dog? They're being funny, right?

I hope so, or we've all gone bonkers. I've been practicing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW, where's the dog? They're being funny, right?
    I hope so, or we've all gone bonkers. I've been practicing.

The dog was Singing in the Shower..He`s out now..

Bonkers is what brings us all together..

Some people worry about someone else`s shirt..

Some Calculate numbers so Jesus arrives on the right day..

Some predict exploding people on Dec.2012..

This guy is happy cuz he gets..

100 posts per day on JWN..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

OUTLAW, do you think I worry someone else' tee shirt?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    OUTLAW, do you think I worry someone else' tee shirt?.....Minimus

You started a Thread on it..It seems to be of some concern to you..

Why don`t you ever do a thread about..

Meat?..

http://www.meatcuttersclub.com/cowlove.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit