Should Men Tuck In Their Shirts?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• snakeface
    snakeface

Why bother to even wear a shirt?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I tend to tuck my shirt in. My wife will remind me that to untuck my shirt on cruises, etc.

All always wear a belt, not because of fashion, but because I need to.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Depends largely on one's height ...

CoCo de la Chemise

• N.drew
    N.drew

Tattoos instead of shirts, you ever see it? No skin was harmed in the posting of the post.

• erbie
    erbie

If anyone does manage to find the Kingdom Ministry article pertaining to this particular dilemma please post it here as I never tuck my shirt in and now I'm worried that I might spend eternity with a particular seven headed dragon/beast/devil type thing. You know, the one in the Revelation book that was supposed to scare us half way to kingdom come. The one with a hooker on top drinking a cocktail.

• minimus
    minimus

I'll tellya what I hate: Wearing a suit and tie with a shirt untucked.

• undercover
    undercover

casual shirts out, dress shirts in, but you can tuck a casual shirt depending on the situation. For instance, if you're going Western line dancing and you want to show off that huge belt buckle, then by all means tuck that pearl snap western shirt in.

More irritating to me is the tucking of a polo shirt in while wearing shorts. You see this more with yuppie/preppie types. If you're wearing shorts, then you're dressing casual. And if you're dressing casual to the point of showing off your lily white knees, then why the hell are you tucking your shirt in?

And don't even get me started on the old geezers who were black dress socks with sandals....

• mummatron
    mummatron

I think here's your answer...

• minimus
    minimus

I think the Simon look is good. (For the record, I'm wearing a long sleeve collared, buttoned down black shirt tucked in to the black pants).

• tec
    tec

I don't like shirts tucked in. I like the casual, comfortable, laid back look. I do not like the Simon-look above. I don't like the pants hanging halfway down your butt look either, lol, but that's a different statement than not tucking in your shirt.

At the same time, wear what you want, how you want to wear it. That's what I do.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit