Autologous Blood Transfusion — Jehovah’s Witnesses

by Marvin Shilmer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Autologous Blood Transfusion — Jehovah’s Witnesses

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog addressing Watchtower’s doctrinal position on transfusion of whole autologous blood. What was once forbidden is no longer forbidden. Additionally, it is categorically false for Watchtower to claim that under provisions of its blood doctrine Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse transfusion of whole blood.

My article is titled Autologous Blood Transfusion — Jehovah’s Witnesses and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/09/autologous-blood-transfusion-jehovahs.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• cantleave
    cantleave

I always thought this was a crock of shit!!

• sir82
    sir82

This is an important point, and one I'd venture to say virtually all JWs who are not HLC members don't understand:

The Watchtower sanctions the removal, storage, and transfusion of one's own blood for a period of time of up to "hours".

I think if JWs really did understand it, it would cause massive confusion, and thousands if not millions of letters to Bethel asking for clarification / explanation.

• wobble
    wobble

The blood doctrine always was a C of S Cantleave, no other religion interprets the relevant verses the way the WT does, which is why it was devised, to make them different ,and hence prove they alone had "light" from god.

It did/does not matter how many are martyred on the altar of their self importance.

Well done again Marvin ! You always spot the subtle nuances.

The really sinful and blasphemous part of even their present watered down doctrine, is that they keep bringing in bits from the Mosaic Law.

For example, though saying "current therapy" may cover some use of ones own blood, they insist that blood should be poured out "according to the Biblical law".

The N.T passage that they misinterpret, from Acts 15, to justify the whole stance, makes the point that "we add no further burden to you".

To bring back in part of the Mosaic Law is certainly adding a burden to JW's today, and there is simply no justification for so doing, rather the opposite, "no further burden" is an injunction, from the "Holy Spirit",( see the verse in Acts) against so doing.

To be consistent, as the "pouring out" was part of the Mosaic Law, they must bring back in all the rest of the Law, no more Bacon Sandwiches at Bethel then.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The fact that there is confusion, over what could literally be a life-and-death matter, is a reminder of how dangerous this particular high-control group can be, during medical emergencies.

Take a good look at your suicide card, if you still have one, and ask yourself if you'd like to die prematurely, because of the medical quackery of a small group of men in Brooklyn.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Blood that is extracted is supposed to travel continuously through a long tube that streches around the hospital several times before any part of it is used on the JW patient. This way, the blood is never actually "stored" since it is constantly flowing through the long and winding tube before it is eventually used.

If it travels through a short tube and is deposited in a collection vessel or other type of container, that constitutes "storage" which conflicts with Biblical principles regarding blood transfusions.

So, before undergoing surgery, JW patents should arrive at the hospital with at least 2,000 feet of 1/4" clear flexible tubing. This should give the blood enough time to flow through the tube without being used...

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Marvin you are the man! This is exactly why no one can understand the blood doctrine .....because it makes no sense!

Thanks for all of your work.

SIAM

• wobble
    wobble

Alfred in his great satirical comment above, used a very WT sounding phrase "biblical principles regarding blood transfusions".

This catchall use of "principles" can be applied to anything the WT wishes to speak against, no matter whether the Bible writer had any concept of the matter being spoken against or not.

The whole pontificating speaking for god thing would be simply laughable if it were not so downright dangerous, many many lives have been lost, and many many more will be, because of the twisting of the scriptures by this evil cult.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Hmm, wow, I will be filing this one away for future reference.

Good job.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sorry but I do not see the article that is quoted as sanctioning Autologous Blood Transfusion.

Witnesses may (on their own conscience) accept a cell - saver or similar treatment that collects blood from the operation and diverts it back to their body in a continuous loop , but only if it is primed with a non blood substance and none of it is stored .

The K M of 11/06 said :

"Although Christians do not donate or store their own blood for transfusion purposes, some procedures or tests involving an individual’s blood are not so clearly in conflict with Bible principles. "

There are so many grey areas - I am sure you are right to say that many do not understand it... Most of the ones I know just hope that the worst never happens

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit