"Mentally Diseased" comment - help needed

by sizemik 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sizemik
    sizemik

As some of you know . . . a complaint regarding this comment was forwarded about a week ago to the NZ Human Rights Commission.

It was simply an email outlining the complaint and quoting the paragraph in question.

Today I recieved a request for more information as follows . . .

Hello **************,

My name is Robert Hallowell; I work at the Human Rights Commission as its Legal Counsel.

Thank you for your email of 14 September 2011. Would you be able to send me a copy of the particular edition of Watchtower or a copy of the article that you enquired about?

Kind regards

Robert Hallowell

Legal Counsel

I have been out for a good few years and have difficulty accessing Watchtower publications. If somebody could point me to a reliable link that is apolitical re the JW's or have a pdf of the article . . . that would be helpful.

Also . . . since this is being looked at by a legal representative . . . what additional information / comments would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

It's in the July 15th, 2011 WT study edition. You can download it at http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT

See pg.16

(Credit goes to InterestedOne)

Atlantis

• Atlantis
  • talesin
    talesin

sizemik

I can still read your name; the black block doesn't make it unreadable.

t

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

See right under the Main Point: How may some invite apostates into their homes?

--Atlantis

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I can still read your name; the black block doesn't make it unreadable.

Thanks Tal . . . not too worried about that one . . . it's one of my many aliases anyway LOL

Thanks for the links Atlantis. I also feel I might need to background my reply to provide some context. I don't want to swamp the guy with info and links, but at the same time would like to be able to convey the complaint with as much import as possible.

I will put together a draft for feedback later, but any suggestions offered on what to say / include will be much appreciated . . . team effort works best.

• talesin
    talesin

size,, ahaha,,, I see it's been fixed .. one of the admins musta caught it ..

t

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow, sizemik, that is so great!! We should all write or email to our Human Right Commission of our area. I am amazed at the response you got and that Mr. Hallowell of Legal Counsel wants the copy. I may PM you for assistance, is that okay?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I may PM you for assistance, is that okay? . . . Gayle

Of course. In fact, it would be nice to be able to mention that the article is the subject of (numerous) complaints in other countries . . . help lift the profile.

I see it's been fixed .. one of the admins musta caught it .. . . . Tal

They're good folks aren't they?

• Gayle
    Gayle

sizemik,,you have a PM,,thx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit