"Satan's Star" Re-examined

by JWStruggle 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@Cantleave & @Diest - If you want to believe in evolution and have little respect for others that believe in the Bible, that is YOUR BUSINESS.

I promise I will NOT pray for you! But why not go and make a post about your viewpoints and your faith in evolution? I also promise that I will not post on your thread something that is not related to your topic.

To those of us that have left the WT (like yourselves) but still believe in the Bible, this is an important subject TO US.

Since this thread is about the "star" spoken of in Matthew chapter 2, if you have something of substance or forethought to share that is welcomed. Snide comments about something you personally don't believe in is a way to derail a topic, and we all get annoyed when someone does that, no matter who they are.

Who said anything about Evolution?

I believe you would have been better off ignoring their comments, buddy, if you disagreed with something they said. Addressing it only will make things worse. Especially on this forum! :P

Also, since when did questioning the historical accuracy of something in The Bible make someone an Atheist or Evolutionist?

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Nice 'reasoning on the scriptures' JWstruggle. Btw there's a JWstruggle on youtube, who's done some great videos.

I was wondering if you're the same person.

Keep up the good work!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

The above note aside, I liked your reasoning points.

There are many cases that The Watchtower Society makes some huge assumptions about Scripture in order to form a conclusion that fits into their pre-conceived ideologies.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Thanks for this article. It was enlightening, and it absolutely makes more sense then the WTS version.

I remembered that the wise men were supposed to be evil, Satan guided beings. That lead me to not want a mange, even though I was no longer a JW. I considered the whole scene to be demonic. Now, I see that it was totally different and the WTS built things into the scripture that just were not present.

Skeeter

• bafh
    bafh

I was in a class at a Catholic university where they said that the Magi were indeed looking for Jesus to be born when he was because Daniel when in exhile in Babylon had told them about the prophecies. The Magi, may have been astrologers or "spiritual men" but they were likely guided by one of God's people. And as pointed out above, they served a purpose and were well received. Even as Jews, I can't imagine Joseph and Mary, human parents of the Son of God, who were then guided by Angels welcoming a "pagan" worshiper with open arms if it were not part of "the plan" or "ok'd".

~bafh

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I would also like to point out that The Bible does not say there were 3 Magi. People just assume there were 3 because there are only 3 gifts mentioned in The Scriptures. It is possible that there could have been any number of men, and that they each brought those 3 things or that as a combined gift they gave those 3 things.

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

This topic just keeps yielding more research and insight- thanks to all that commented.

Together we stand to gain so much- The WTO wants us divided and "mentally diseased"...

• inbetween
    inbetween

very interesting,

with this example one can see the stages of enlightenment,

catholic belief, three kings from east

JW belief, not kings, magis, unknown number, but led by satan...

ex-jw beleif, magis, unknown number, but not led by satan, gifts important for Gods purpose even...

wow, amazing, what comes next ?

• Joliette
    Joliette

I think its all a bunch of hookus pookus.

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

@Joliette - What do you mean when you say "I think its all a bunch of hookus pookus"? Do you mean the comments, the Bible account, the article, etc?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit