UK newspaper interest in "mentally diseased", any Witnesses want to come forward?

by cedars 47 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Read one man's heart-breaking story of what JWs do to someone who no longer supports nor believes in the Watch Tower religion and is considered "mentally-diseased" by the adherents:

http://tommygunzrlz.wordpress.com/2011/09/08/amber-alert/

• Alfred
    Alfred

Thanks Barbara and hello...

MadSweeney... you bring up a valid point... much attention is being given to the "mentaly-diseased" phrase but that articicle had a lot more "hate" phrases in it...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I would be willing to talk to someone. I am in the UK.

I am a Jehovah's Witness, currently undergoing counselling to help me break the news to my parents that I am 'mentally diseased' aka apostate.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

By the way cedars, you have a PM.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The Jehovahs Witnessess is a Mind Control and Abusive Cult. There are millions of victims worldwide. Its more dangerous than other cults. I was born in the cult. I was indoctrinated and brainwashed into believing every thing they claim. I was told if I didnt obey I was gonna be destroyed by God in Armagedon and I was told that ALL the people who are not Jehovahs Witness are controlled by the devil.

I feared spending time with any person who was not a JW. I was told their "evil" habits would contaminate me.

I was in fear of leaving. I was brainwashed into believe that if I left I would be destroyed by God as welll and that my family would hate my action (of leaving God) and they would cease to associate with me.

I left and I lost all my family. To them I am a follower of the Devil.... eventhough I do not believe in him.

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Mickey Mouse - Thanks, I have replied to your PM. Feel free to share your thoughts on here, because the correspondent has received a link to this thread and I'm sure he'll be checking it. Alternatively, you can PM me your thoughts and I will forward them on to the correspondent directly. However, I would prefer if the feedback could be posted on this thread, if only so that the correspondent can see for himself the amount of people who are affected by this issue in particular.

MadSweeney - a very good point. I've already referred to that Watchtower on previous posts as being the "Watchtower of Hate", such is the extent of hateful remarks directed against "apostates" and disfellowshipped teenagers alike. The correspondent now has a PDF of the article in question, so I'm sure he will be using his journalistic know-how to analyse the magazine and see what needs to be brought out from an outside perspective.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Has anyone taken the time for a comparison of the "regular" and "simplified" versions? Often the simplified one gets right to the heart of Borg negativity. I haven't really looked at this particular one, though.

• cedars
    cedars

Yes, I put links to the simplified English version on my original thread regarding this article:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/215278/1/WT-Dont-watch-news-items-featuring-witnesses

Very good point Mad Sweeney.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

OK, well a bit of my background. I'm a female, born in to the religion and I am in my mid 30s. I am married and have children. My children are at an age where the religion is becoming a real issue. They attend Christmas and birthday parties, I want them to have as normal a life as possible. At the same time they have to get their young minds around the complexity of who they can and can't talk to about different things. A typical question from my daughter: "So nanna doesn't mind snowmen but she would get upset if we had tinsel in the house? But why?" Literally the smallest thing could result in a complete breakdown in our family communication.

I sat through that Watchtower study. I listened to the people around me say the most awful things about me. It was not nice. The only reason I continue to have anything to do with that cult is that if my parents are forced to make the decision outlines in next week's Watchtower study, I know where their loyalties will lie. And it will break their hearts.

Sometimes I think I am mentally diseased, I am certainly mentally screwed up, because despite the fact that I'm a good mother and a law abiding citizen with a professional job, this all counts for nothing if I am not a Jehovah's Witness. Not to my parents anyway. Who put that thought in their heads? The leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Next week's Watchtower:

WT

• nugget
    nugget

My mum became a witness when I was 3 and I grew up as a witness. It is a life f gradual indoctrination and conditioning pushing you relentlessly to baptism. I met and married my husband and supported his efforts to become an MS and an Elder. We both made numerous sacrifices to be good witnesses and as a wife of an elder I experienced the pressure of being a good example, the jealousy of others and the loneliness of having to allow my husband to shepherd the flock with no complaining and pressure from home. It was often distressing to know he was struggling with some congregation issue that I was not allowed to know about but was obviously upsetting him. The organisation intrudes into every aspect of life meaning you are never free of guilt or pressure to conform.

My husband woke up first and discovered the lies and hypocrasy. He could not bear to sit at meetings and felt obliged to finally share what he knew with me. At first I was horrified but was prepared to put my beliefs to the test and was devastated by the results.

I left the organisation with my husband because we saw that it was damaging both our children. My youngest has aspergers and found the teachings extremely disturbing when I told the elders that I saw no place for him in the organisation they agreed with me.

I have been horrified by the doctrinal changes, the flip flops and the lies and deceit. I have been afronted to be called mentally diseased for questioning the integrity of organisations leadership who would have me make life and death decisions based on their lies. They do not allow any disention. I have been disowned by some family and united with others who left years ago. I have found new friends and am grateful that I found out the truth about the truth before I had totally screwed up my children's lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit