So who was living in this house in Brooklyn Hgts.?

by ldrnomo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
  • darth frosty
    darth frosty

Casper?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Damn I hit return too soon. Anyway check out this house in Brooklyn Hgts that the borg is selling. Were they renting it out or was some upity up hot shot borg member living in this place?

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2011/09/18/brooklyn_heights_carriage_house_sees_27m_pricechop.php

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

thats a good question (bookmarked)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Be interesting to know. I knew they had brownstones but never knew anyone who stayed in one. Always heard they were reserved for doctors and their families.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

It looks like there is a in law suite in that floor plan.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

There is something so very wrong with a religions being tax-exempt, and esp the JW religion when they are reported to be of the poorest people of religions in the US.

Seeing this home, and the counsel to live meagerly and not be materialistic, humble and all that is unreal. How can religions get away with this....they are bigger crooks than those other crooks on Wall Street.

• cult classic
    cult classic

For a many years this has been used as a guest room.

Guest rooms are for those visiting long-time Bethelites, and Bethelites visiting the city from Wallkill/Patterson or abroad. Also, those on special assignment for WT might use the rooms. I.E. JW/non JW legal teams, temporary medical personnel, branch committee members, missionaires, etc. It is a great "privilege" to stay in one of the guest rooms. You have a pass/key and have access to all meals, laundry and cleaning services. And you are allowed to attend morning worship, the WT study and lectures.

HAPPY!!! HAPPY!!!

• OnTheWayOut
  • designs
    designs

You wonder where all 'Our' money went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit