Sad and hilarious at the same time.

by Shador 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• ekruks
    ekruks

Anyone who honestly looks at what the definition of cult means, will find it certainly applies to JWs.

This causes two questions......

Why don't the WBTS say that they are a cult leadership, and that it's ok to be a cult?

Is it because cults are not healthy, and they are not a healthy leadership, but actually rather passive aggressive?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Borg misrepresents what a cult is in order to show that they're not one.

A cult has nothing to do with following a single human leader, nor isolating its members physically from the rest of society.

A cult, for example, could have a committee of SEVEN human leaders acting as one AND convince its members to be "no part of the world" they live in.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good point, George. How can anyone read Combating Cult Mind Control by Hassan and not see the Watchtower/JWs throughout?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have not read all of the posts here on this thread yet, but I used to defend that JW is not a cult. I did get very offended when worldly people tell me that JW is a cult when I was diehard JW. Now I know it is a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit