Everyone has an opinion

by sizemik 38 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

He could have just said: "I'm for it".

• sizemik
    sizemik

I agree there's probably better ways to get reliable information than wiring some guy's balls up to a battery.

I was intrigued by the incident more than the theme of the discussion however . . . the polarity of the reactions and how people view political correctness and the freedom to express.

Interesting information about this fellow though. We tend not to see too many quite that "opinionated" down here in NZ . . . they grab too much attention and are quickly lynched.

Although, a local comedian raised a few eyebrows with this one . . .

Kiwi comedian's Holocaust joke falls flat

Kiwi comedian Raybon Kan was under fire last night for linking the Holocaust to All Black sponsor adidas and Auckland's Rugby World Cup travel woes.

Kan said online: "Maybe adidas should run Auckland public transport. Nice German company. They should know how to load thousands on to trains."

When asked to explain what he meant, Kan said: "Oh, it's just a joke about World War II. Well, you know, it's just a Nazi joke. It's a joke in the context of all the transport issues that were happening.

"I'm not a politician, I'm a comedian," he added.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh, like he was being serious....

This is classic hippie double-speak. ;) We're all guilty of doing it. Look at an old comment, don't look at what's around it, voila! A lot of people said a lot of terrible things post 911.

• sizemik
    sizemik

If the joke was about the Catholics and the crusades . . . nobody would raise an eyebrow. And yet both are just history. Has PC stifled honest debate these days? . . . that's what I'm wondering. They steal the issue by focussing on the offence. And then backslam the messenger.

People are therefore being more inclined to say one thing while thinking another . . . because political image is everything. One wrong word and you're down the drain. The personal cost can be high.

Think it . . . believe it . . . just don't say it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I actually get what you're saying, Sizemilk. Or is that mik? ;D

People type out what they want others to hear - not what they think. That is a fact. There is no serious debate on the net, but I do appreciate those that actually say what they think, not what others think they should say. There are those people here, and, although I think they can be pompous assholes, at least they are being honest.

Political 'debates'? Pffffttt... just what is the end game? The same people yammering about the same topics and they throw every other conversation they ever had into the whole insulting mix. It's very silly. ;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ya Gotta love Don Cherry..

One of his Jackets is framed at one of my Favorite Pubs.

Complete with the shirt and tie..

It brightens the place up..You need sunglass`s to look at it..

LOL!!..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I actually get what you're saying, Sizemilk. Or is that mik? ;D

Definitely mik . . . sizemik = seismic. I live in earthquake country.

I don't mind a pompous arsehole . . . as long as they can stomach having it pointed out. The anonymity of the net makes for a bit more honesty I believe . . . for those that want to be honest.

The thing that gets me with general public debate . . . is that PC is often looked upon as virtuous . . . but at the same time just prompts some to use it as a tool to be deceptive. Every silver lining has a cloud I suppose. I lean toward preferring the honest . . . even if it sticks in the throat a bit occasionally. PC exchanges can be come so obscure . . . nobody gets what is actually being said. It's like they invented a new language.

@Outlaw . . . at least he doesn't leave you wondering . . . even if you disagree.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh, I don't enjoy the pompous assholes, sizemik. (see, I got your name right) I generally turn the ignore button on instantaneously because I don't generally speak to those people in real life. ;)

I always try to be as honest as I can and be as nice as I can, but it sometimes doesn't work. It's okay, because, to quote Steward Smalley "I sometimes make mistakes... and that's okay... because I"m good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it, people like me.... " ;D

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I don't mind a pompous arsehole

I should be careful what I say . . . that could be taken another way.

Offering unfriendly counsel to PA's is just a reflection of my generous nature.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Sizemik..

I like Cherry..He`s absolutely outrageous..

........................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit